The six-week-old YouTube Kids service is a "hyper-commercialized" environment that intermixes advertising and other programming in a way that deceives its target audience, a coalition of privacy and children's advocacy groups said in a complaint to t...
A consumer privacy proposal from U.S. President Barack Obama's administration gives people too little control over their personal data and companies too much latitude to use that information, a coalition of 14 privacy and digital rights groups said.
U.S. businesses that collect personal data would be required to describe their privacy and security practices and give consumers control over their personal information under a proposed privacy bill of rights released Friday by President Barack Obama...
Thirty U.S. data brokers and data management firms, including Adobe Systems, AOL and Salesforce.com, are violating privacy promises they've made regarding their handling of the personal information of EU residents, a privacy group said in a complaint...
A facial recognition trade group's proposals for privacy standards are an "extreme" departure from U.S. expectations on how personal data should be handled, a privacy advocate said Tuesday.
Data brokers should give consumers more control over their personal information, and Congress should consider legislation that reins in the ways data brokers can use that information, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission is recommending.
Google will feature users in advertisements that run on its suite of websites when those users recommend products or stores.
Lobbyists derailed an effort by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration to create mobile privacy standards, a privacy group charged on Thursday, while some participants in the process conceded it lacked focus.
A proposed code of conduct for mobile app developers intended to make them explain how user data is collected and used does not have a clear enforcement mechanism, one privacy advocate said.
Some websites and mobile app developers are confused about how to comply with revised rules governing the online collection of personal information from children that took effect in the U.S. Monday, critics said.
Privacy groups and some lawmakers are in an uproar after news reports this week that the U.S. National Security Agency is conducting broad surveillance of the nation's residents.
Mobile carriers should deploy a number of safeguards to protect their customers against a growing problem of unauthorized billing through mobile payments, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission said in a report released Friday.
A recent push in the IT industry to collect and monetize big data is headed for a clash with privacy concerns from Internet users and potential regulation from some governments, according to tech analyst firm Ovum.
Websites, mobile apps and online advertising networks targeting children will be required to follow new privacy regulations, including getting a parent's permission before collecting geolocation information and photographs from kids, under new rules ...
Smartphone app SpongeBob Diner Dash violates U.S. law by collecting a "wide range" of personal information from children, including full names and email addresses, according to a complaint filed by the Center for Digital Democracy, an advocacy group.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia