Smartphone users might be better off seeing a doctor than relying on a family of mobile apps to diagnose whether moles on their skin are cancerous.
A project developer who raised more than US$122,800 on Kickstarter to create a new board game has been charged by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission with using the money for personal equipment, moving expenses, rent and licenses for a separate project...
A company that tracked retail store customers through their smartphones without notifying them and without giving them a chance to turn off the tracking has settled a U.S. Federal Trade Commission complaint that it didn't live up to its privacy promi...
An online service allowing consumers to pay their medical bills failed to adequately inform them that it would also try to collect highly detailed medical information from their pharmacies, medical labs and insurance companies, the U.S. Federal Trade...
A Florida court has temporarily shut down two "massive" telemarketing operations that allegedly conned tens of thousands of consumers out of millions of dollars by tricking them into fixing nonexistent computer errors, the U.S. Federal Trade Commissi...
A group of companies that allegedly promised mobile phone users supposedly free gift cards and electronic devices in a "massive" text-messaging spam operation will pay more than US$9 million to settle complaints from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission...
T-Mobile USA made hundreds of millions of dollars by charging customers for purported "premium" SMS subscriptions that, in many cases, they never ordered, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission says.
The former social network Jerk.com acted like its name would suggest, by allowing users to label others as jerks and then charging people for the ability to change those profiles, but not delivering on that promise, according to a U.S. Federal Trade ...
The developer of a popular flashlight app for Android devices has agreed to settle U.S. Federal Trade Commission charges that it shared users' geolocation information with advertising networks and other organizations without permission.
The owners of an Atlanta company have agreed to settle U.S. Federal Trade Commission charges that they crammed US$10 million worth of charges onto mobile phone users' bills without their permission.
A U.S. judge has shut down an online business listing operation that allegedly bilked more than US$14 million from U.S. small businesses and churches.
Many mobile apps aimed at children collect and share personal data without notifying parents, potentially violating U.S. law, the Federal Trade Commission said in a report released Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google turns on HTTPS for all blogspot blogs
- Critical flaws in ImageMagick library expose websites to hacking
- Ads mislead over broadband Internet access pricing, regulator warns
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTMultiple opportunities for Front and Back end Web DevelopersVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- FTSystem testersACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC