Intel is cutting 12,000 jobs worldwide as the company restructures operations to diversify from PCs into growth areas of IoT and servers.
Yahoo will cut 15 percent of its workforce and close some online services in a major turnaround plan announced Tuesday.
Hewlett-Packard Co. today said it is cutting 9,000 jobs, but also plans to hire 6,000 new workers as part of shift to highly automated data centers that rely less on people with hands-on IT skills and more on those with sales and delivery expertise.
Hewlett-Packard has announced plans to cut 9,000 jobs as it restructures its enterprise services business and automates the services it offers enterprise customers.
CA is planning to cut about 1000 jobs, or roughly 7.7 percent of its workforce, according to a document filed Tuesday with the US Securities & Exchange Commission.
Siemens has announced the cull of 4200 jobs worldwide from its IT business.
Vodafone is cutting 375 jobs, primarily in back office functions, starting this month. The news follows several days of speculative reports that layoffs were ahead.
On the eve of President Barack Obama's State of the Union address Wednesday, a speech that's expected to focus on the need for jobs, the nation's largest engineering association is warning that the latest jobs data is "discouraging" for engineering.
Microsoft is laying off another 800 people, adding to the 5,000 the company has already let go this year.
Sun Microsystems will lay off up to 3,000 workers over the next 12 months as Oracle awaits approval from European regulators for its acquisition of the company.
Forty-six percent of North American IT shops are planning to cut positions this year, up from 24 percent last year, with one-quarter planning to slash staff by 10 percent or more, according to a newly released study by Computer Economics.
IT services firm CSC is the latest in a string of technology companies including IBM, Dell and HP to lay-off staff amid the global economic crisis.
Dell on Wednesday said it had laid off staff at different sites worldwide in an effort to cut costs and streamline operations.
Nokia is closing its R&D site in Jyväskylä, Finland. In the process about 320 employees will be laid off. The company is also making temporary cuts at its production facility in Salo, it announced on Wednesday.
ninemsn is the latest technology venture to feel the effects of the financial recession with the organisation announcing job cuts today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCIP & Fixed Enablement SpecialistVIC