Intel is cutting 12,000 jobs worldwide as the company restructures operations to diversify from PCs into growth areas of IoT and servers.
Yahoo will cut 15 percent of its workforce and close some online services in a major turnaround plan announced Tuesday.
Hewlett-Packard Co. today said it is cutting 9,000 jobs, but also plans to hire 6,000 new workers as part of shift to highly automated data centers that rely less on people with hands-on IT skills and more on those with sales and delivery expertise.
Hewlett-Packard has announced plans to cut 9,000 jobs as it restructures its enterprise services business and automates the services it offers enterprise customers.
CA is planning to cut about 1000 jobs, or roughly 7.7 percent of its workforce, according to a document filed Tuesday with the US Securities & Exchange Commission.
Siemens has announced the cull of 4200 jobs worldwide from its IT business.
Vodafone is cutting 375 jobs, primarily in back office functions, starting this month. The news follows several days of speculative reports that layoffs were ahead.
On the eve of President Barack Obama's State of the Union address Wednesday, a speech that's expected to focus on the need for jobs, the nation's largest engineering association is warning that the latest jobs data is "discouraging" for engineering.
Microsoft is laying off another 800 people, adding to the 5,000 the company has already let go this year.
Sun Microsystems will lay off up to 3,000 workers over the next 12 months as Oracle awaits approval from European regulators for its acquisition of the company.
Forty-six percent of North American IT shops are planning to cut positions this year, up from 24 percent last year, with one-quarter planning to slash staff by 10 percent or more, according to a newly released study by Computer Economics.
IT services firm CSC is the latest in a string of technology companies including IBM, Dell and HP to lay-off staff amid the global economic crisis.
Dell on Wednesday said it had laid off staff at different sites worldwide in an effort to cut costs and streamline operations.
Nokia is closing its R&D site in Jyväskylä, Finland. In the process about 320 employees will be laid off. The company is also making temporary cuts at its production facility in Salo, it announced on Wednesday.
ninemsn is the latest technology venture to feel the effects of the financial recession with the organisation announcing job cuts today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC