The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to rein in the National Security Agency's bulk collection of the country's telephone records, while allowing the agency to engage in more targeted surveillance.
John Conyers Jr.
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to permanently extend a ban on Internet access taxes that Congress has temporarily extended three times over the past 16 years.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should leave net neutrality enforcement to antitrust agencies that can bring lawsuits against broadband providers after they see evidence of anti-competitive behavior, some U.S. lawmakers have advocated.
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has approved a bill that would permanently extend a moratorium on broadband access and Internet-specific taxes that Congress has temporarily extended three times over the past 16 years.
Several U.S. lawmakers on Tuesday urged the nation's attorney general to curtail the National Security Agency's collection of overseas electronic communications, saying President Barack Obama's promise to revamp a surveillance program focused on U.S....
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- CCSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- CCProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer / Systems Engineer (January 2017 Start)QLD
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - Sydney - Leading OrganisationNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW