The U.S. Federal Trade Commission should reject a privacy group's push to extend the E.U.'s controversial right to be forgotten rules to the U.S. because such regulations would have a "sweeping" negative effect on many U.S. companies, a trade group s...
Google's refusal to implement the EU's controversial right to be forgotten rules in the U.S. amounts to an unfair and deceptive business practice, a frequent critic of the search engine giant said.
A consumer rights group wants the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to address growing online privacy concerns by requiring websites to honor do-no-track requests.
Members of the European Parliament are readying a motion calling for the break-up of Google, by separating its search engine functionality from other commercial services, according to news reports.
Congress should take action to protect privacy in response to a growing big-data revolution, a White House panel has recommended, but its report does not address wide-ranging surveillance and data-collection programs at the U.S. National Security Age...
rom $8.09 million in
Google, through its plan to link Gmail addresses to its Google+ social network, is violating a privacy agreement the company made with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, a long-time critic of the company's privacy practices said in a complaint to the...
Google will feature users in advertisements that run on its suite of websites when those users recommend products or stores.
A proposed code of conduct for mobile app developers intended to make them explain how user data is collected and used does not have a clear enforcement mechanism, one privacy advocate said.
U.S. antitrust agencies should block Google's proposed acquisition of crowdsourced mapping app Waze because the deal would take away Google's major competitor in mobile maps, consumer group Consumer Watchdog said.
New legislation introduced by a group of U.S. lawmakers would require mobile application developers to obtain consent from consumers before collecting their personal data and to secure the data they collect.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission and the California Office of the Attorney General should investigate Google's Wallet service for sharing app buyers' personal information with app developers, a privacy group said.
Google, AT&T and Verizon Communications were among the top corporate spenders on lobbying the U.S. government in the fourth quarter of 2012, according to information released this week by the U.S. House of Representatives.
Mobile application developers should minimize privacy surprises for their customers by limiting their data collection and retention and giving users access to the data collected, California Attorney General Kamala Harris has recommended.
Consumer Watchdog has called for a U.S. government investigation of Carrier IQ, the maker of tracking software for mobile phones, and its users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Parrot Mambo Drone review
- IBM promises a one-stop analytics shop with AI-powered big data platform
- Yahoo's claim of 'state-sponsored' hackers meets with skepticism
- GE, Bosch and open source could bring more IoT tools
- New Mac Trojan uses the Russian space program as a front
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW