Low operating costs combined with a differentiated operating system and close communication with users will help Jolla survive in the cutthroat smartphone market, according to CEO Tomi Pienimäki.
The newer smartphone OS entrants competing to chip away at the dominance of Android and iOS are heading to Barcelona for Mobile World Congress, and facing a landscape that has changed since last year's show.
Finnish smartphone start-up Jolla has launched its online shop, where European customers can buy its first device.
Finnish smartphone start-up Jolla will start shipping the first batch of its debut smartphone in its home country on Nov. 27.
Just as smartphone manufacturer HTC was beginning to claw back some market share with its refreshed HTC One line, two former company executives have announced the launch of a new mobile brand called Kazam, which they claim will "disrupt the status qu...
Four new smartphone OSes intend to challenge Apple and Google's dominant position. Mozilla's Firefox OS is the first out of the gate, but Canonical, Samsung Electronics and Intel, as well as Finnish upstart Jolla Mobile, are also getting their altern...
Latest News Articles
- Google invites Glass wearers to brave LA's beaches
- Telerik frees HTML5 collection of components
- Space X rocket en route to ISS with space laser cargo
- AMD steers clear of low-cost tablet market
- Experts: Avoid big mistakes with Oracle's Exadata
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Top 5 reasons to hate the Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 3 Five flaws in Samsung Galaxy S5's TouchWiz
- 4 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 5 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- 18% off $899 free shipping
- 6% off $749 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »