Proposed legislation that would require U.S. businesses to notify affected customers after data breaches is too weak because it would preempt stronger breach notification laws in several states and it wouldn't cover several classes of data, including...
Even before bombshell disclosures of the U.S. government's massive collection of Internet and cellphone data, many U.S. residents were very concerned about privacy violations.
The maker of the Path social networking app will pay a US$800,000 civil penalty to settle U.S. Federal Trade Commission charges that it illegally collected personal information from children without parental consent, the agency said Friday.
Mobile app developers should provide real-time disclosures to users on the personal information they collect and get permission to collect sensitive information, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission has recommended.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission will host a press conference Thursday afternoon to discussion its investigation of Google for antitrust violations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the US government
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC