Proposed legislation that would require U.S. businesses to notify affected customers after data breaches is too weak because it would preempt stronger breach notification laws in several states and it wouldn't cover several classes of data, including...
Even before bombshell disclosures of the U.S. government's massive collection of Internet and cellphone data, many U.S. residents were very concerned about privacy violations.
The maker of the Path social networking app will pay a US$800,000 civil penalty to settle U.S. Federal Trade Commission charges that it illegally collected personal information from children without parental consent, the agency said Friday.
Mobile app developers should provide real-time disclosures to users on the personal information they collect and get permission to collect sensitive information, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission has recommended.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission will host a press conference Thursday afternoon to discussion its investigation of Google for antitrust violations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- French surveillance law is unconstitutional after all, highest court says
- WikiLeaks says it doesn’t collaborate with states
- AT&T, Time Warner deal under scrutiny from politicians, consumer groups
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD