The U.S. Senate could take a preliminary vote as soon as Wednesday on a controversial bill intended to encourage businesses to share cyberthreat information with each other and with government agencies, despite concerns that the legislation would all...
Opponents of a U.S. Senate bill intended to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats may have stalled a vote on the legislation.
Government agencies should investigate whether Verizon Wireless' use of so-called supercookies to track the online activities of its subscribers amount to privacy violations, three U.S. senators said Friday.
Many top websites share their visitors' names, usernames or other personal information with their partners without telling users and, in some cases, without knowing they're doing it, according to a new study from Stanford University.
Some online advertising networks continue to track Web users after tracking opt-out requests, even though the networks have promised to honor those questions, according to a new study from Stanford University's Center for Internet Society.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- TPFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- CCSenior Project AnalystNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- FTAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- CCERP LeadWA
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - ProcurementNSW
- CCAgile Project ManagerQLD
- CCFunctional SAP IS Specialist (Logistics / Retail)VIC
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)NSW
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCSecurity EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW