The U.S. Federal Trade Commission can take action against patent trolls when the patent-holding firms engage in unfair business practices, even as the agency works to complete a study on their business model, a commissioner said.
The collection and analysis of big data holds great promise, but may also lead some companies to create profiles of consumers leading to discrimination, the chairwoman of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission said Monday.
U.S. consumers should be able to reclaim control of their personal data from data brokers, websites and other companies, a member of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW