T-Mobile USA has dropped a pending challenge to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has taken a major step toward helping more airlines offer in-cabin wireless broadband, with the agency voting Thursday to explore using new spectrum for air-to-ground broadband service.
U.S. President Barack Obama has nominated telecom trade group veteran Tom Wheeler to be the next chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski announced Friday he will soon step down, following months of rumors that he would resign early this year.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has taken the first step toward an expansion of the spectrum available for Wi-Fi, with the agency launching a rulemaking proceeding to open new parts of the 5GHz spectrum to unlicensed uses.
U.S. broadband providers deliver nearly the residential broadband speeds they advertise, with a handful of large providers exceeding the promised service, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission said in a new report.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to move forward on plans to have the U.S. military share wireless spectrum in the 3.5GHz band with commercial users.
The four largest mobile carriers in the U.S. -- AT&T, Verizon, Sprint Nextel and T-Mobile -- have agreed to accelerate the availability of emergency texting, or text-to-911.
A U.S. appeals court has upheld the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's authority to require mobile carriers to enter into data roaming agreements with each other.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved the first database of unlicensed wireless spectrum that can be used by new so-called white spaces devices.
Michael Copps, a longtime member of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, will resign effective Jan. 1, or earlier, depending on Senate action, he announced Tuesday.
Consumer Watchdog has called for a U.S. government investigation of Carrier IQ, the maker of tracking software for mobile phones, and its users.
Staff at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission have decided that AT&T's proposed acquisition of mobile carrier T-Mobile is contrary to the public interest. So what's next?
Many U.S. cable providers will offer broadband service for US$9.95 a month and an e-recycler will offer $150 PCs and laptops to low-income families in an effort to bring the benefits of broadband to more people across the country.
Don't panic. It's a test, only a test.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT