T-Mobile USA has dropped a pending challenge to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has taken a major step toward helping more airlines offer in-cabin wireless broadband, with the agency voting Thursday to explore using new spectrum for air-to-ground broadband service.
U.S. President Barack Obama has nominated telecom trade group veteran Tom Wheeler to be the next chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski announced Friday he will soon step down, following months of rumors that he would resign early this year.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has taken the first step toward an expansion of the spectrum available for Wi-Fi, with the agency launching a rulemaking proceeding to open new parts of the 5GHz spectrum to unlicensed uses.
U.S. broadband providers deliver nearly the residential broadband speeds they advertise, with a handful of large providers exceeding the promised service, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission said in a new report.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to move forward on plans to have the U.S. military share wireless spectrum in the 3.5GHz band with commercial users.
The four largest mobile carriers in the U.S. -- AT&T, Verizon, Sprint Nextel and T-Mobile -- have agreed to accelerate the availability of emergency texting, or text-to-911.
A U.S. appeals court has upheld the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's authority to require mobile carriers to enter into data roaming agreements with each other.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved the first database of unlicensed wireless spectrum that can be used by new so-called white spaces devices.
Michael Copps, a longtime member of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, will resign effective Jan. 1, or earlier, depending on Senate action, he announced Tuesday.
Consumer Watchdog has called for a U.S. government investigation of Carrier IQ, the maker of tracking software for mobile phones, and its users.
Staff at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission have decided that AT&T's proposed acquisition of mobile carrier T-Mobile is contrary to the public interest. So what's next?
Many U.S. cable providers will offer broadband service for US$9.95 a month and an e-recycler will offer $150 PCs and laptops to low-income families in an effort to bring the benefits of broadband to more people across the country.
Don't panic. It's a test, only a test.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- CCDeveloper - Tag managementNSW
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- CCProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsACT
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- CCProject ManagerWA
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT