For the past four years a group of sophisticated hackers has compromised the networks of luxury hotels to launch malware attacks against corporate executives and entrepreneurs traveling on business in the Asia-Pacific region.
A cyberespionage group that has built its operations around a malware program called BlackEnergy has been compromising routers and Linux systems based on ARM and MIPS architectures in addition to Windows computers.
A leaked programming manual for interacting with the physical components of automated teller machines might have helped attackers create malware programs that were used to steal cash from ATMs in various parts of the world this year.
Criminals have stolen millions of dollars from ATMs worldwide using a specialized malware program that forces the machines to dispense cash on command.
An ongoing attack in Brazil tricks users into visiting malicious websites that attempt to silently change the Domain Name System settings of their home routers.
A group of attackers with links to the Chinese hacking underground has been targeting companies from the entertainment and video game industries for years with the goal of stealing source code.
It's generally accepted that antivirus programs provide a necessary protection layer, but organizations should audit such products before deploying them on their systems because many of them contain serious vulnerabilities, a researcher warned.
Attackers are exploiting a vulnerability in distributed search engine software Elasticsearch to install DDoS malware on Amazon and possibly other cloud servers.
A new Trojan program designed to steal log-in credentials and other financial information from online banking websites is being advertised to cybercriminal groups on the underground market.
Police from eight countries together with several private security companies disrupted the online infrastructure used by cybercriminals to control computers infected with a malware program called Shylock.
Microsoft's seizure of domains from a DNS service provider has also disrupted some state-sponsored cyberespionage campaigns, according to security vendor Kaspersky Lab.
A European bank may have lost as much as €500,000 (US$682,000) in a week earlier this year, according to Kaspersky Lab, which analyzed data on a server used in attacks against online banking users in Italy and Turkey.
An unknown person or group reportedly stole the cryptographic key used by Nokia to digitally sign applications for Symbian OS and extorted millions of euros from the company in 2007 by threatening to make the key public.
An Android Trojan program originally designed to steal mobile banking credentials from Russian users was recently retrofitted with ransomware functionality and has started infecting users in the U.S., using photos of its victims to intimidate them in...
Law enforcement agencies in 111 countries collaborated to disrupt thousands of online pharmacies in what Interpol claims was the largest ever global operation targeting organized criminal networks that sell fake medicines.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC