With bottles of bubbly and a purification ceremony, a Google-backed undersea cable was given a warm welcome on a beach in Japan last week, a critical step in building the highest capacity data link in the Pacific ever created.
Firefox OS, the smartphone operating system from Mozilla targeted at low-cost smartphones in emerging markets, is coming to more developed markets.
Throughout Japan, an army of workers stands ready to ensure important messages are delivered as quickly as possible. But they don't work in data centers maintaining email servers. They deliver telegrams.
Hailo, the U.K.-based developer of taxi-hailing mobile apps, has landed fresh investment from KDDI, one of Japan's largest mobile operators.
KDDI, which runs one of Japan's largest mobile networks, is considering selling smartphones based on the new Firefox operating system from Mozilla.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC