With bottles of bubbly and a purification ceremony, a Google-backed undersea cable was given a warm welcome on a beach in Japan last week, a critical step in building the highest capacity data link in the Pacific ever created.
Firefox OS, the smartphone operating system from Mozilla targeted at low-cost smartphones in emerging markets, is coming to more developed markets.
Throughout Japan, an army of workers stands ready to ensure important messages are delivered as quickly as possible. But they don't work in data centers maintaining email servers. They deliver telegrams.
Hailo, the U.K.-based developer of taxi-hailing mobile apps, has landed fresh investment from KDDI, one of Japan's largest mobile operators.
KDDI, which runs one of Japan's largest mobile networks, is considering selling smartphones based on the new Firefox operating system from Mozilla.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT