A lopsided vote in the U.S. House of Representatives this week to rein in the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records dragnet won muted praise, with many supporters calling on Congress to take stronger action.
The White House heads west to Silicon Valley on Friday looking for ideas on how to improve the nation's cybersecurity, and members of President Barack Obama's administration are likely to get an earful.
U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy has introduced a new version of a bill to rein in the National Security Agency's bulk collection of U.S. phone records in an effort to strengthen legislation that passed the House of Representatives this year.
The U.S government can take action to slow the calls in other countries to abandon U.S. tech vendors following revelations about widespread National Security Agency surveillance, some tech representatives said Friday.
A U.S. National Security Agency surveillance program targeting foreign terrorism suspects does what Congress intended it to do, members of a government privacy oversight board said Wednesday, defending their report that finds the spying legal and eff...
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
- Renewable energy represented more than half of all new power capacity in '15
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTiOS Developer - PermanentWA
- TPEDRMS Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- FTSupport LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork & Gateway EngineerACT
- TPJava Developer -- ContractWA
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCBackup ConsultantWA
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCFull Stack Java DevelopersNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- FTMigration Release ManagerACT
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCArcher ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCIT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSEO StrategistNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW