A programmer for defunct file storage site Megaupload has pleaded guilty to criminal copyright infringement charges and has been sentenced to a year and a day in U.S. prison.
Kim Dotcom, founder of the file hosting service Mega, is preparing to launch an encrypted video-calling and chat service that will shield its users' communications from government surveillance.
Employees of the online file storage service Megaupload discussed widespread copyright infringement on the site in internal communications released Friday by the U.S. Department of Justice.
The U.S. Department of Justice's copyright infringement case against file storage service Megaupload is "prosecutorial overreach" based on a misreading of U.S. law, the site's lawyers argue in a white paper released Tuesday.
Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom could violate the terms of his bail, or face new criminal charges, if he launches a new file-sharing and storage service as planned, the U.S. Department of Justice said in a court filing this week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia