The U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to hear a controversial software patent case after a federal appeals court ruled that an abstract idea is not patentable simply because it is tied to a computer system.
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit has given Apple new life in its patent claims against Google-owned Motorola Mobility.
A U.S. appeals court has ruled that an abstract idea is not patentable simply because it is tied to a computer system, signaling what one judge described as the "death" of software and business method patents.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Administrator-NSW
- CCTesting and Support Services ManagerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- CCLead Enterprise Solution Architect - CloudNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- FTIteration ManagerVIC
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleVIC
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer / Systems Engineer (January 2017 Start)QLD
- FTProject Management - Infrastructure projectsACT
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCLearning & Development SpecialistNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC