The bricks keep falling into place for Vine, Twitter's hot six-second microvideo app. Mere days after Vine for Android added selfie-inducing front camera support, version 1.2 of the app is now available in the Amazon App Store.
Kindle Fire HD
Amazon will officially sell its Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and Kindle Fire HD tablets in Australia from next month, almost nine months since the devices officially went on sale in the US.
Amazon's Kindle line of tablets is more reminiscent of Apple's iPad lineup than other Android devices - with everything from the hardware to the app store controlled by a single company.
Tablets, led by the iPad, have the potential to shake up the comic-book industry even more than ebook readers have begun to change the world of prose books.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- GPG Suite updated for secure email on OSX Sierra
- Microsoft's mobile apps will get better image capture and OCR via the Office Lens camera app
- Lenovo tunes N23 Yoga Chromebook for Android apps with ARM processor
- Cisco's all-in-one Spark Board puts the cloud on a wall
- Box launches standalone Notes app to help teams collaborate
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService ManagerACT
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Hadoop, Qlikview, SalesforceNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- FTJunior DeveloperQLD
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTC ProgrammerACT
- FTBid ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPIT Project ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT