Crystal-clear text on an E-Ink screen that is comfortable to look at for long periods of time
A crisper screen, better lighting, and new navigation, make the Kindle Voyage a premium e-book device
The Kindle Paperwhite from Amazon comes close to being the perfect solution for on-the-go reading.
The Windows 10 Anniversary Update is having problems accepting USB connections from Amazon Kindle e-readers.
The new $109 Amazon Kindle also makes it easier for visually impaired users to read e-books.
Amazon’s Kindle Oasis has a book-like spine and battery-boosting leather cover.
Amazon Kindle devices already last for weeks on one charge, but Amazon wants them to last even longer.
Amazon is trying to hit the sweet spot between fancy features and affordability with its new Kindle Paperwhite e-reader.
If you're a Kindle owner, you've probably discovered the device's enviable ability to bookmark pages, highlight passages, and add notes (a.k.a. annotations).
A new generation of small tablets has reinvented entertainment on the go, but which is best? Find out now and gear up for holiday gift-buying
The latest Barnes & Noble Nook e-reader is getting a lot of positive buzz, and for good reason. It's thin and light, has a touchscreen interface that's easy to navigate, and is priced the same (US$139, Wi-Fi) as Amazon's industry-leading Kindle.
If you pride yourself on being a bit of a bookworm, you need to buy an e-reader – end of story. While basic E-Ink models continue to enter the marketplace, the category has morphed to include all manner of fancy tools and features: from inbuilt WiFi ...
Are you still holding out to see what happens with this whole ebooks "fad" before deciding whether to embrace it for your business? Well, the times they are a changin' and there are a variety of reasons that ebooks are outpacing printed books.
If the iPad doesn't succeed as a consumer electronics device--its initial target market--it may find a successful second career as an electronic textbook reader.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- CCSystems Engineer -SOE/VDIACT
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystOther
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- CCSuperannuation Research ConsultantACT
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC