We take the Internet for granted now, but a lot of developments helped to make it the gargantuan shopping, socializing, commerce-helping, video-sharing behemoth it is today.
When e-book lending came to the Nook - and then eventually to the Kindle - it opened the gates for e-reader owners to connect and spread the wealth of literature. But despite the popularity of e-readers, chances are that not all of your book-loving f...
Playing up one advantage of the iPad over E-ink readers, Apple said on Tuesday that it will launch more than 100 color e-books in its iBookstore. And not just children's books, either -- among Apple's new offerings are "Ad Hoc at Home," a cookbook by...
Results of a survey conducted by ChangeWave indicate that the Apple iPad is killing the Amazon Kindle in the e-reader market. However, the two devices are actually not direct competitors, and the ChangeWave survey results reflect a different reality ...
The race to become the most popular e-reading in the United States is down to Apple's iPad and Amazon's Kindle, according to a recent survey of 2,800 e-reader users by ChangeWave Research. ChangeWave found that Kindle's market share dropped in Novemb...
While browsing a social news site the other day, I came across a link to an e-book search engine. Sadly, alongside the many free e-books available, such as those from Gutenberg, thousands of pirated e-books were being freely offered. I won't reproduc...
The news that color E Ink is coming and saving users from plain black-and-white electronic book readers has goosed interest in the gadgets. But with technology changing so quickly and tablet computers cropping up in businesses, with color or not, the...
Just as MP3s changed the way we listen to music, Amazon wants to shake up our reading habits with Kindle Singles.
Amazon today released a new version of its Kindle e-book reader app for smartphones running the Android operating system.
Amazon is responsible for the mainstream acceptance of the e-reader thanks to the Kindle, and it has a virtually insurmountable dominance of the market. Yet, Amazon seems to have some sort of Napoleon complex about the Apple iPad, as evidenced by its...
Amazon's Kindle e-book reader and Apple's iPad tablet have a lot more in common than you'd think. Both devices have sparked a revolution in mobile computing, are selling like hotcakes, and brought e-books to the masses.
Well, now we know why Amazon's stock of Kindle 2 e-readers evaporated so quickly. Just hours after I wrote about the devices being out of stock, Amazon announced a new model of its popular e-reader. The device, called simply the Kindle, is available ...
It will take you longer to read a book on an iPad or Kindle compared to the printed page, according to a recent study.
Amazon had no choice but to slash the price of the Kindle DX, the bookseller's oversized e-reader, to $US379--a substantial $US110 drop. The device is facing competitive pressure at both ends of the e-book spectrum, and it increasingly looks like an...
For those of you who think that the Kindle's one third of an inch thick architecture is just too thick, you may be able to check out a new slimmer Kindle come August this year. According to a Bloomberg.com article, Amazon.com plans to introduce the ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel thinks IoT will have a firm place in the stores of the future
- China tightens control over app stores
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FTMedia Architect/LeadNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC