When e-book lending came to the Nook - and then eventually to the Kindle - it opened the gates for e-reader owners to connect and spread the wealth of literature. But despite the popularity of e-readers, chances are that not all of your book-loving f...
Playing up one advantage of the iPad over E-ink readers, Apple said on Tuesday that it will launch more than 100 color e-books in its iBookstore. And not just children's books, either -- among Apple's new offerings are "Ad Hoc at Home," a cookbook by...
Results of a survey conducted by ChangeWave indicate that the Apple iPad is killing the Amazon Kindle in the e-reader market. However, the two devices are actually not direct competitors, and the ChangeWave survey results reflect a different reality ...
The race to become the most popular e-reading in the United States is down to Apple's iPad and Amazon's Kindle, according to a recent survey of 2,800 e-reader users by ChangeWave Research. ChangeWave found that Kindle's market share dropped in Novemb...
While browsing a social news site the other day, I came across a link to an e-book search engine. Sadly, alongside the many free e-books available, such as those from Gutenberg, thousands of pirated e-books were being freely offered. I won't reproduc...
The news that color E Ink is coming and saving users from plain black-and-white electronic book readers has goosed interest in the gadgets. But with technology changing so quickly and tablet computers cropping up in businesses, with color or not, the...
Just as MP3s changed the way we listen to music, Amazon wants to shake up our reading habits with Kindle Singles.
Amazon today released a new version of its Kindle e-book reader app for smartphones running the Android operating system.
Amazon is responsible for the mainstream acceptance of the e-reader thanks to the Kindle, and it has a virtually insurmountable dominance of the market. Yet, Amazon seems to have some sort of Napoleon complex about the Apple iPad, as evidenced by its...
Amazon's Kindle e-book reader and Apple's iPad tablet have a lot more in common than you'd think. Both devices have sparked a revolution in mobile computing, are selling like hotcakes, and brought e-books to the masses.
Well, now we know why Amazon's stock of Kindle 2 e-readers evaporated so quickly. Just hours after I wrote about the devices being out of stock, Amazon announced a new model of its popular e-reader. The device, called simply the Kindle, is available ...
It will take you longer to read a book on an iPad or Kindle compared to the printed page, according to a recent study.
Amazon had no choice but to slash the price of the Kindle DX, the bookseller's oversized e-reader, to $US379--a substantial $US110 drop. The device is facing competitive pressure at both ends of the e-book spectrum, and it increasingly looks like an...
For those of you who think that the Kindle's one third of an inch thick architecture is just too thick, you may be able to check out a new slimmer Kindle come August this year. According to a Bloomberg.com article, Amazon.com plans to introduce the ...
E-readers like the Kindle and Nook are surging in popularity but will hit a wall in 2014 when sales drop off due to competition from a wide range of consumer electronic devices, including the iPad, according to Informa Telecoms & Media of London.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- This autonomous boat is trying to cross an ocean using only solar power
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCLead Business Analyst - multiple rolesVIC
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCTester Analyst - learn on the job!ACT
- CCTechnical WriterNSW