E-readers like the Kindle and Nook are surging in popularity but will hit a wall in 2014 when sales drop off due to competition from a wide range of consumer electronic devices, including the iPad, according to Informa Telecoms & Media of London.
Kindle software for some Android smartphones will soon be available for free, granting access to 500,000 Kindle e-books, according to Amazon.com.
Amazon introduced its e-book shop and reader app for the iPad Monday, entering the battle for e-books dominance against Apple's own iBooks store and Barnes & Noble's e-reader iPad app.
Amazon has released a version of its Kindle application for Mac OS X.
Amazon.com on Thursday announced its first-ever software developer's kit for anyone who wants to create active content for its popular Kindle e-readers.
Three U.S. universities will stop promoting the use of Amazon.com's Kindle DX e-book reader in classrooms after complaints that the device doesn't give blind students equal access to information.
As e-readers such as the Amazon Kindle continue to rise, so follows the publishing industry's worst nightmare: e-book piracy. For years e-book piracy was the exclusive province of the determined few willing to ferret out mostly nerdy textbook titles ...
Amazon.com plans to release a new, free Kindle for BlackBerry mobile application in near future, according to the company's Kindle Web page. The online retailer didn't specify when exactly the app will be released, but its Kindle page currently shows...
The early e-reader is feeling pressure from Nook and other upcoming devices.
Barnes & Noble's new e-reader, reportedly dubbed the Nook, propels the bookseller into an increasingly crowded market for similar devices.
Australians will soon be able to get their hands on Amazon's much-loved Kindle e-book reader.
There are things that should be left enough alone and Amazon's Orwellian removal of the book "Nineteen Eighty-Four" from Kindle e-readers is one of them. Orwell would have gotten a kick out of this, yet Amazon seems to miss the humor in it.
Only a few weeks ago Sony took the electronic book reader market by storm with its announcement of two new devices which undercut the popular Amazon Kindle by US$100, but lacked the wireless connectivity of the Kindle. Sony's latest announcement of a...
E-book readers may have been overshadowed by netbooks, smartbooks and laptops at Computex Taipei 2009, but products on display portend big things to come.
Amazon.com's new large-screen Kindle DX e-reader will ship earlier than expected, the company said Monday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Cisco Network EngineerWA
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- FTSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneSA
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- CCExecutive AssistantVIC
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- FTProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- TPXamarin DeveloperQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- TPLead Project ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Project EngineerACT
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW