Netbook makers will soon play a larger role in the e-reader market if start-up Pixel Qi has anything to say about it.
Amazon Wednesday introduced Kindle Publishing for Blogs Beta, a new program that lets anyone sell blog subscriptions to Kindle users through Amazon's Kindle store. All you have to do is sign up for a blog vendor account (your Amazon customer account ...
When it comes to e-readers, the hype machine has gotten ahead of the reality. Earlier this week, photos of the super-slim, sexy Plastic Logic Reader -- not available until next year -- circulated the 'Net and graced a New York Times article on the co...
Amazon's newest Kindle raises more questions than answers about how the e-book market might evolve.
Amazon.com Inc. is expected to announce a big-screen Kindle e-reader this week, and many are already wondering if newspaper and magazine publishers will benefit.
Less than a month after delivering the second version of its Kindle ebook reader, Amazon has been hit with an intellectual property lawsuit from Discovery Communications, the company behind the Discovery Channel.
Amazon's release Wednesday of an e-book reader for Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch is a "huge" move and a "win-win" for everyone concerned, analysts said.
Amazon.com will let copyright holders opt out of having their books read aloud on the company's Kindle 2 book reader, in an apparent concession to concerns raised about the device's text-to-speech feature.
The Kindle 2 began shipping Sunday, ahead of schedule, and even before customers received the new e-book reader from Amazon.com, many indicated in forum posts that they were ecstatic about its impending arrival.
Amazon.com on Monday began shipping its Kindle 2 e-book reader a day earlier than originally planned.
Adobe Systems this week announced its second major move in the e-book market in the last five months as the multimedia software vendor looks to build a consortium to take on Amazon.com and its market-leading Kindle e-book reader.
By now, plenty of educated guesses have been offered up about what the next-generation Kindle e-reader will look like and do, and fans expect to find out for sure when Amazon.com holds a news conference in New York on February 9.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCField EngineerVIC
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC