One of the worst-kept rumors in the Windows world is now confirmed to be true: HTC has brought its One (M8) phone hardware to Windows Phone.
Samsung is deploying Knox, its secure platform for mobile devices, to earn the trust of the IT departments that run BYOD programs.
Nine million new iPhone buyers can't be right. They should have waited until January or June or September 2014 for the big-screened iPhone 6.
They're good enough for government work: The US Department of Defense has cleared use of devices running the BlackBerry 10 operating system and Samsung's secure version of Android called Knox.
Samsung has had its security enhanced smartphones and tablets approved for use by the US military.
BlackBerry and Samsung have separately launched security and management software with dual-personality features for their latest Z10 and Galaxy S4 smartphones, both designed to meet the demands of a growing BYOD marketplace.
You're no longer in control of your data once you hand it over to a cloud storage provider, but you're legally still responsible for it. Knowing what's in your cloud-provider contract is critical, says tech attorney Milton Petersen.
Smartphones running the open source Ubuntu operating system will start shipping in October, although it isn't clear if they will be available in the U.S., according to a report.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
- Apple patches iOS security flaws found in spyware targeting activist
- Informatica CEO: 'Data security is an unsolved problem'
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- Intel spreads 3D NAND to inexpensive consumer and enterprise SSDs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC