It's been said that Oracle is now the industry's most powerful open source vendor, but don't tell that to Red Hat executives, who say Oracle doesn't even qualify as an open source company.
The Linux KVM hypervisor is gaining steam in the cloud computing market, with two major vendors using the virtualization software to create cloud platforms to compete against Amazon's popular EC2 service.
Open source enterprise software company Red Hat has updated its virtualization platform, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (REV), to include support for desktop virtualization, the company announced Monday.
If the Linux virtualisation space wasn't heated enough, the open source hypervisors Kernel Virtual Machine (KVM) and Xen are now duking it out for independent developer interest, according to Xen hacker Simon "Horms" Horman.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW