Broadcom and Freescale Semiconductor have announced switching platforms that promise to improve the performance of network virtualization and make the underlying technologies more widely available.
Cisco Systems released new firmware versions for some of its small business routers and wireless LAN controllers in order to address vulnerabilities that could allow remote attackers to compromise the vulnerable devices or affect their availability.
Cisco Systems has released security patches for authentication bypass, command execution and denial-of-service vulnerabilities affecting products that use its Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) software, as well as the Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switc...
The third annual Open Networking Summit, an SDN conference organized by the Open Networking Foundation, convened this week just after ONF members Cisco and IBM unveiled a separate effort to define an open source SDN framework.
Huawei Technologies' enterprise division is ramping up its European presence, helped by the announcement this week that SAP has certified the company's servers to run its HANA in-memory platform. Such deals with SAP and other big software vendors wil...
Hewlett-Packard will allow enterprises to pay for managed LAN offerings based on usage, in much the same way they pay for cloud services, through a partnership with telecom service providers.
There comes a time in most businesses when circumstances dictate that one or more users work from home either full- or part-time. In other cases, it may simply be convenient for business owners and employees to be able to use company resources from h...
Though price competition and a weak public sector made the first three months of 2011 difficult for Ethernet switch vendors, Hewlett-Packard and Juniper Networks still managed to increase sales and market share, according to data from market research...
The chief executive of the American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN) said today that any transfer of IPv4 addresses from one organization to another will need to be compliant with established ARIN policy.
Interstate trucking company Boyd Bros. Transportation was losing experienced freight agents because it couldn't support home workers, but replacing the firm's 20-year-old phone system brought unified communications features that let it hang on to the...
The world is running out of IPv4 Internet addresses, without which the Internet can't function in its existing form.
Verizon is tripling the top speed of its FiOS broadband to 150Mbps. The move makes Verizon FiOS the fastest broadband service available, and opens up new possibilities for small and medium businesses that rely on consumer-grade broadband connections.
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- Qualcomm is developing a short-range radio technology called Peanut that would require less battery power than Zigbee , Bluetooth and Ultra Wideband technologies.
Ethernet switch revenue grew by 32.7 percent year-over-year during the second quarter, helped by the growing popularity of applications such as virtualization and voice over IP (Internet Protocol), according to IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Enterprise Ne...
A networking joint venture formed out of a series of deals over the past several years is launching Monday in the U.S. under the name LG-Ericsson USA.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Resident Evil 7 joins Microsoft's ambitious Play Anywhere program for PCs and Xbox One
- Attackers start wiping data from CouchDB and Hadoop databases
- LinkedIn overhauls its desktop website
- Switches coming out this year will drive open networking forward
- Sniper Elite 4 preview: More sniping, less shooting
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCMaster Planner /SchedulerQLD
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTData Analyst - MDMNSW
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- CCSAP PI DeveloperACT
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC