Web apps and pages may soon get a speed boost to rival the performance of native desktop and mobile applications, thanks to a new standards initiative from Microsoft, Google and Mozilla.
Languages and standards
Apple had lots to offer developers at this year's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote. Headline improvements included a new version of the soon to be open sourced Swift programming language and upgraded frameworks for creating more advanced Watch...
Amazon Web Services has announced the first Developer Preview of its SDK for the Go programming language, giving developers who want to integrate cloud services in their apps more choice.
IT departments have long relied on log data to help keep systems up and running, but they're not the only ones who can benefit from these vast stores of information. A new analytics language from Logentries could help managers tap log data to gain in...
Emojis: Kids may love their simplicity, but programmers will loathe their complexities.
Thanks to computers and the Internet, everyone is playing games these days.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- WikiLeaks' methods questioned by whistleblower Edward Snowden
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- FTIT ManagerNSW