Web apps and pages may soon get a speed boost to rival the performance of native desktop and mobile applications, thanks to a new standards initiative from Microsoft, Google and Mozilla.
Languages and standards
Apple had lots to offer developers at this year's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote. Headline improvements included a new version of the soon to be open sourced Swift programming language and upgraded frameworks for creating more advanced Watch...
Amazon Web Services has announced the first Developer Preview of its SDK for the Go programming language, giving developers who want to integrate cloud services in their apps more choice.
IT departments have long relied on log data to help keep systems up and running, but they're not the only ones who can benefit from these vast stores of information. A new analytics language from Logentries could help managers tap log data to gain in...
Emojis: Kids may love their simplicity, but programmers will loathe their complexities.
Thanks to computers and the Internet, everyone is playing games these days.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- NuTonomy starts trials in Singapore of self-driving taxi service
- Facebook, Google, Twitter lax on terrorists’ misuse of their sites, say UK MPs
- Passwords stolen from Mail.Ru were old, the company says
- This Android botnet relies on Twitter for its commands
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160818/P/265Asia
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCPorfolio Value Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC