Web apps and pages may soon get a speed boost to rival the performance of native desktop and mobile applications, thanks to a new standards initiative from Microsoft, Google and Mozilla.
Apple had lots to offer developers at this year's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote. Headline improvements included a new version of the soon to be open sourced Swift programming language and upgraded frameworks for creating more advanced Watch...
Amazon Web Services has announced the first Developer Preview of its SDK for the Go programming language, giving developers who want to integrate cloud services in their apps more choice.
IT departments have long relied on log data to help keep systems up and running, but they're not the only ones who can benefit from these vast stores of information. A new analytics language from Logentries could help managers tap log data to gain in...
Emojis: Kids may love their simplicity, but programmers will loathe their complexities.
Potentially making work easier for system administrators, Red Hat has updated its development packages to support running multiple versions of the same programming language on its flagship enterprise operating system, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
Now that machine-learning algorithms are moving into mainstream computing, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology is preparing a way to make it easier to use the technique in everyday programming.
After borrowing Facebook open source code for running PHP programs more efficiently, Etsy won't need to grow its data center footprint this year, saving it from a significant expense.
Hewlett-Packard has devised a way to run programs written in the R statistical programming language against data sets that span more than one server, potentially paving the way for large-scale, real-time predictive analytics.
Microsoft, IBM, and the Linux Foundation are among a number of organizations joining an initiative to manage Node.js, a popular runtime software that provides interactive Web interfaces for users.
From ordering pizza online to pinpointing the exact location of a breaking news story, an overwhelming portion of data on the Web has geographic elements. Yet for Web developers, wrangling the most value from geospatial information remains an arduous...
Some fairly large Internet services are pressing into production Facebook's open-source PHP runtime engine after being impressed with the performance metrics for the alternative to the ubiquitous open-source PHP package used across the Web.
Continuing to roll out new compute services at an impressive clip, Amazon Web Services has introduced a way for programmers to trigger operations in their AWS deployments without running a full virtual machine, potentially reducing maintenance work a...
Recognizing that many organizations are under competitive pressure to evolve their applications ever more quickly, Microsoft has been updating its programming tools to accommodate fast paced "devops"-style development environments.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- NuTonomy starts trials in Singapore of self-driving taxi service
- Facebook, Google, Twitter lax on terrorists’ misuse of their sites, say UK MPs
- Passwords stolen from Mail.Ru were old, the company says
- This Android botnet relies on Twitter for its commands
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC