Red Hat has put out a beta release of Software Collections 1.0, in a bid to let developers use newer versions of languages such as Ruby and Python with support.
The Khronos Group has announced plans to create an open and royalty-free application programming interface for controlling mobile and embedded cameras and sensors, giving developers access to features such as burst modes and flash.
Google has updated its Go programming language, making it faster and more suitable for multicore processors.
Since the start of the year, hackers have been exploiting vulnerabilities in Java to carry out a string of attacks against companies including Microsoft, Apple, Facebook and Twitter, as well as home users. Oracle has made an effort to respond faster ...
Twitter will soon give developers the ability to filter messages by popularity and language.
Oracle isn't done releasing patches for Java SE this month, as another batch will arrive Feb. 19, according to a company blog post.
DARPA (the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) has awarded $3 million to software provider Continuum Analytics to help fund the development of Python's data processing and visualization capabilities for big data jobs.
Developers now can create audio and video communications applications that work across the Chrome and Firefox browsers without the need for plug-ins.
Oracle's head of Java security is promising the vendor will "fix" issues with the widely used programming language, as well as improve its outreach efforts to community members, following a spate of high-profile vulnerabilities.
Starting with Java 8, to be released in September, the development team behind the widely used programming language plans to release a new version of Java every two years -- and stick to that schedule.
Information technology may thrive on the new, but it is heavily supported by a programming language more than 40 years old.
Panasonic has joined the Smart TV Alliance, a project started by LG last year to create a common platform for developing connected TV applications.
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has published as a standard the latest version of the Ada programming language, Ada 2012, which offers a new security feature found in few other languages, called contract-based programming.
YouTube engineers are developing a set of software, called Vitess, that will help open-source MySQL databases work more efficiently in very large-scale production environments. To write the code, they are using Google's programming language Go.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCGIS ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++NSW
- CCFullstack Developer (AngularJs & Java 8)QLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCAccount Executive - SMEVIC
- CCSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneNSW
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- FTSenior Security Advisor - CISSP - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCUI DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- CCSiebel Developers x 8SA
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Information Management SMENSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD