Oracle is finding itself caught up in another Java-related patent lawsuit, but this time it's the one getting sued.
Microsoft is updating its C++ compiler for its Visual Studio 12 IDE (integrated development environment) so that Windows application developers can use parts of the latest version of the programming language, C++11.
Microsoft likes to talk about Windows 8 as being Windows "reimagined," and in many ways it is quite a departure from its predecessors. To allow the operating system's use across a range of touchscreen devices, Microsoft radically redesigned the look ...
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer kicked off the company's annual Build developer conference emphasizing the momentum of the company's new Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 operating systems.
Oracle is augmenting its Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) to allow developers to create mobile applications for Apple and Android devices.
Google and Oracle continue to differ over when their lawsuit over alleged Java intellectual property violations in the Android mobile OS should begin, according to a joint filing the companies made late Monday in U.S. District Court for the Northern ...
In its continuing endeavor to serve its 800 million users as quickly as possible, Facebook is once again revamping the way it handles its PHP-based Web pages.
With the pending release of PHP version 5.4, due early next year, the creators behind the popular Web scripting language are including the best parts of the now-abandoned PHP 6.0 project.
In the hopes of reducing the complexity of making data calls over the Web, eBay has launched a programming language, called ql.io, which bundles separate API requests into a single call.
In a move that appears to be another step away from its Flash platform, Adobe has submitted the code for its Flash-based Flex framework to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) to be managed as an independent<strong> </strong>project.
The creators behind the long-running Internet contest to write bizarre and unnecessarily complex C programming code, called the International Obfuscated C Code Contest (IOCCC), have resurrected their challenge after being on hiatus for five years.
Oracle and Google held another settlement conference on Wednesday in their ongoing lawsuit over alleged Java intellectual-property violations in the Android mobile OS, but failed to reach an agreement, according to a filing in U.S. District Court for...
VMware is no longer a member of the Java Community Process SE/EE Executive Committee, but Twitter has joined, according to election results finalized this week.
Thanks to its chattiness, the traditional communications protocol for shuttling data around the World Wide Web is not very efficient. Now an HTML5-related standard called WebSocket could cut some of this networking overhead, speeding responsiveness i...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AC5300 Router review: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- 100 best practices for keeping big data secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW