Lenovo is offering to replace certain batteries sold with its ThinkPad line of laptops, warning users that they may be permanently damaged due to errors.
Hewlett-Packard has recalled Lithium-Ion batteries used in some of its laptops, as they pose a fire hazard, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) said on Thursday.
Hewlett-Packard will begin selling on Monday laptop batteries that are guaranteed to last three years.
Hewlett-Packard today announced a netbook PC that it said will be able to run for up to a full business day on a single battery charge.
Like chocolate and episodes of Mad Men, there's no such thing as too much battery life.
In an industry that gets off on throwing obscure benchmarks at buyers, laptop battery life is one of the easiest to understand.
It was five years coming, but the battery of my ThinkPad R50 finally met its maker. On a recent trip, it conked out after powering the notebook for only half an hour -- three hours short of what I'm used to getting out it. Now it refuses to be rechar...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Java/J2EE/SQL) 160714/JP/707Asia
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCOracle Administrators with SiebelACT
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC