Lenovo is offering to replace certain batteries sold with its ThinkPad line of laptops, warning users that they may be permanently damaged due to errors.
Hewlett-Packard has recalled Lithium-Ion batteries used in some of its laptops, as they pose a fire hazard, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) said on Thursday.
Hewlett-Packard will begin selling on Monday laptop batteries that are guaranteed to last three years.
Hewlett-Packard today announced a netbook PC that it said will be able to run for up to a full business day on a single battery charge.
Like chocolate and episodes of Mad Men, there's no such thing as too much battery life.
In an industry that gets off on throwing obscure benchmarks at buyers, laptop battery life is one of the easiest to understand.
It was five years coming, but the battery of my ThinkPad R50 finally met its maker. On a recent trip, it conked out after powering the notebook for only half an hour -- three hours short of what I'm used to getting out it. Now it refuses to be rechar...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Ashley Madison misled users with a fake security award
- Epic Games forum hack underscores the need to install security patches
- Nvidia's new Tegra chip can avoid trouble with the traffic police
- Samsung bets on Tizen smartphones again with a new launch in India
- Arista plans its own take on all-seeing network software
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCWCAG 2.0 Accessibility TesterNSW
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160818/P/265Asia
- CCPorfolio Value Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCSalesforce Developer / UrgentNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCWebSphere Message BrokerACT