Lenovo is offering to replace certain batteries sold with its ThinkPad line of laptops, warning users that they may be permanently damaged due to errors.
Hewlett-Packard has recalled Lithium-Ion batteries used in some of its laptops, as they pose a fire hazard, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) said on Thursday.
Hewlett-Packard will begin selling on Monday laptop batteries that are guaranteed to last three years.
Hewlett-Packard today announced a netbook PC that it said will be able to run for up to a full business day on a single battery charge.
Like chocolate and episodes of Mad Men, there's no such thing as too much battery life.
In an industry that gets off on throwing obscure benchmarks at buyers, laptop battery life is one of the easiest to understand.
It was five years coming, but the battery of my ThinkPad R50 finally met its maker. On a recent trip, it conked out after powering the notebook for only half an hour -- three hours short of what I'm used to getting out it. Now it refuses to be rechar...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple hires mobile encryption pioneer amid encryption debate
- HPE is spinning out its huge services business and merging it with CSC
- Tech woes hamper jury in Oracle case aginst Google
- Cisco's Meraki spreads its cloud to voice
- Datameer gets an overhaul to make big-data analytics easier
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCSenior IT Tester / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer | DC Relocation |VoIP Refresh | CCNA | CCNPNSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW