The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's annual privacy report card revealed more details on the agency's controversial policy involving searches of electronic devices at U.S. borders.
Lenovo expects to release laptops to the Australian market with built-in disabling technology by June this year. Users will be able to phone their laptop in order to stop it from being used.
Privacy and civil rights groups are welcoming legislation that proposes tough new standards for conducting searches of laptops and other electronic devices at US borders.
Holiday travelers, hang onto your laptops: One is now stolen every 53 seconds. Here are 10 tips to keep your PC and data safe as we enter the busiest travel season of the year.
Whitepapers about laptop security
Closing the circle: Why you need to protect endpoints and mobile devices together Endpoint protection has gotten more complicated In this white paper we will discuss: • Why traditional endpoints and mobile devices require overlapping (but not identical) security solutions. • How to enhance the protection of all endpoints by adding web security. • Why today’s threats require that endpoint protection and mobile device protection activities be moved to the cloud. • How Webroot makes it easy to “close the circle” by managing endpoint protection, mobile device protection and web security through one infrastructure.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
- Over 100 DDoS botnets built using Linux malware for embedded devices
- HP sells PCs in a new way as it tries to speed up upgrades
- Microsoft appears to be building a business app marketplace
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCProject Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC