Gorgeous, small and powerful but with a big Aussie price hike
The best portable gaming laptop we've seen
Portable, top-end PC gaming thanks to the 1070
It says for 17-inch Macbook but any laptop will do
This stylish, powerful, no-frills laptop has got it where it counts.
laptop in pictures
ZenBook UX305 is a Windows Ultrabook that copies the MacBook Air’s look, but not its price.
Android and iOS tablets have come a long way, but for many users they're still not suitable laptop replacements. However, you can change that. These 12 gadgets each help bridge the gap between notebook PC and tablet.
HP's latest range of EliteBook business laptops and ZBook mobile workstations are much thinner and lighter than previous generations, with the ZBook range including the "world's first workstation Ultrabook".
The Chromebook can be a powerful workhorse -- here's how to replace your standard laptop for work
Apple has been a leader in using PCIe-based flash storage, which offers far greater bandwidth than SATA-based SSDs. The new 2016 MacBook Pro's specs blow away the performance of its predecessor by nearly double.
Tobii's Eye Tracker 4C uses less-obtrusive LED lights, increases performance, and adds head tracking.
Chromebooks' five-year end-of-life policy—if it holds up—could put a lot of perfectly good laptops out of commission.
Buying a Mac to learn coding and programming is hugely valuable and a great idea. But choosing a Mac for coding isn't easy. Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding? We look at the best Apple Macs you can buy for programming and learning...
For a little more money than the average Chromebook, you get a few premium features that improve the overall experience.
Alienware's answer to the question "can I use my laptop for all my gaming needs?" lies in a dedicated external box called a Graphics Amplifier, which can allow the new Alienware 13 laptop to tap into high-end desktop graphics cards.
The ThinkPad Yoga is basically a regular laptop first and foremost and it doesn't have the bulk or awkwardness that are usually associated with other Windows 2-in-1 hybrid devices. There is no separation between the screen and the body, and the only...
STM has employed a retro look for its new Annex range of protective tablet and notebook bags. The product line includes four models: Drifter, Trust, Link, and Sequel. They essentially look like something you would find in Cotton On, but maintain STM’...
We review STM's latest protective shoulder bag, laptop shoulder bag and smartphone cases, including the STM velo 2.
Whitepapers about laptop
This whitepaper discusses how organisations can use VDI to reduce costs and complexity, increase security and provide a consistent user experience when managing their growing number of end user devices. • Data security and availability take on new dimensions with so many out-of-office devices. • User experiences can be managed through the deployment of uniform high performance architecture. • Purpose-built solutions simplify purchase, streamline provisioning, and lower deployment risk.
Videos about laptop
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- App developers not ready for iOS transport security requirements
- Fake news fallout: Facebook starts asking users if headlines are accurate
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
- GoDaddy offers $1.8 billion for Host Europe
- Cisco Meraki sees the hotel of the future in its new Wi-Fi gear
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Agile DigitalVIC
- CCPMO Analyst/Project AnalystNSW
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)VIC
- FTProcess Analysts, Wealth ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- CCWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramNSW
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTMarketing and Customer AnalyticsSA
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)QLD
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Developer | Salesforce/JavaNSW