HP's latest tablet comes with a top-notch keyboard case, a digital pen and the ability to be repaired in-house.
A big and roomy notebook for the home that features a 4K screen
A highly customisable 15.6in laptop for getting down to work
A business laptop with a solid build quality, plenty of useful features, and high user comfort
A premium convertible with plenty of style, but not without its quirks
laptops in pictures
HP's Spectre x360 is a flagship consumer product that shows off plenty of style and a rigid build quality. A couple of strong hinges allow the laptop to be used in the display, tent, and tablet modes that we've all grown to love. (Well, some of us, maybe.)
The best and most noteworthy products and technologies found at CES 2015.
Consumers outside of China don't think of Lenovo much beyond laptops, but in that country the company has a wide reach including a growing line of mobile devices. Explore the hidden -- and larger -- side of Lenovo in this slideshow
With Windows 8, Microsoft introduces a brand new interface that feels designed more for tablets than for laptops and desktops. We'll help you find your way around the new OS and make the most of its features.
Thin may be in, but you can get more bang for your buck.
Buying a Mac to learn coding and programming is hugely valuable and a great idea. But choosing a Mac for coding isn't easy. Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding? We look at the best Apple Macs you can buy for programming and learning...
Chromebooks have sold primarily to educational organizations, particularly K-12 schools, because of their low price and easy manageability.
Jon, Flo, and Gordon talk iPhone 6s vs. Galaxy S7 cameras, MacBook Pro vs. XPS 15, and if it's right to have a fully catered Burning Man without dirty hippies.
Samsung wants to cram faster and more power-efficient DDR4 DRAM in laptops and hybrids with new memory chips it introduced on Monday.
Reader Bballgurl84life's laptop battery isn't charging.
It's been almost a year since I served up some nice, hot laptop tips--and that's inexcusable. I'll make it up to you this week with some useful advice on adding memory to a laptop, turning an old laptop hard disc into an external drive, and using you...
You're more likely to damage a laptop than a desktop PC (no one has ever driven off, forgetting the desktop on top of their car), and once damaged, laptops are harder and more expensive to repair.
So my dad was griping that his Acer Aspire 9300 laptop takes forever to boot. I inspected it for spyware, excessive startup programs, and the other usual suspects, but everything checked out.
Apple's iOS 4 enables multitasking and other new and useful features, but the iPad can't join the party until this fall. If you jailbreak your iPad, however, you can multitask today--and that's just the beginning.
This page is a collection of all the notebook reviews we've completed so far in 2015. It contains not only traditional notebooks, but also 2-in-1 hybrids that can be converted from tablet to notebook and back again.
A few things have changed since the last time we completed a feature article on what to look for when buying a laptop, but the main thing we want to highlight for this particular article is processing technology. Intel has come along and redefined th...
Our Back to Business guide features a selection of products from our sponsors and editors, and gives you some useful pointers on the gear that can help you be more productive. It includes essentials for the office, stuff for executives, mobile gear t...
If you spend any significant amount of time working at a desk, the single best way to boost your productivity is to connect a second monitor.
We've created a chart, pitting the ATIV Book 9 Plus against Acer's Aspire S7, Asus' Zenbook Infinity, Toshiba's KiraBook, Google's Chromebook Pixel and Apple's 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
Videos about laptops
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- WikiLeaks’ Assange confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the US
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
- Obama commutes sentence for Chelsea Manning, a WikiLeaks source
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- CCSenior Transition and Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCITCM Technical Specialist - SydneyNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC