A big and roomy notebook for the home that features a 4K screen
A highly customisable 15.6in laptop for getting down to work
A business laptop with a solid build quality, plenty of useful features, and high user comfort
A premium convertible with plenty of style, but not without its quirks
An Australian-only laptop offering for gamers on a budget
laptops in pictures
HP's Spectre x360 is a flagship consumer product that shows off plenty of style and a rigid build quality. A couple of strong hinges allow the laptop to be used in the display, tent, and tablet modes that we've all grown to love. (Well, some of us, maybe.)
The best and most noteworthy products and technologies found at CES 2015.
Consumers outside of China don't think of Lenovo much beyond laptops, but in that country the company has a wide reach including a growing line of mobile devices. Explore the hidden -- and larger -- side of Lenovo in this slideshow
With Windows 8, Microsoft introduces a brand new interface that feels designed more for tablets than for laptops and desktops. We'll help you find your way around the new OS and make the most of its features.
Samsung wants to cram faster and more power-efficient DDR4 DRAM in laptops and hybrids with new memory chips it introduced on Monday.
Google doubled the bounty it will pay for a successful exploit of its Chromebook laptop to US$100,000, sweetening the pot in hopes of drawing more attention from security researchers.
In a declining PC market, high-priced gaming desktops and laptops are thriving.
Users who have Dell Windows-based laptops, desktops, tablets and other devices that were bought before August should check if their systems have the self-signed eDellRoot certificate that can compromise their private communications.
Dell has toughened up the Google Chromebook for the business market.
Reader Bballgurl84life's laptop battery isn't charging.
It's been almost a year since I served up some nice, hot laptop tips--and that's inexcusable. I'll make it up to you this week with some useful advice on adding memory to a laptop, turning an old laptop hard disc into an external drive, and using you...
You're more likely to damage a laptop than a desktop PC (no one has ever driven off, forgetting the desktop on top of their car), and once damaged, laptops are harder and more expensive to repair.
So my dad was griping that his Acer Aspire 9300 laptop takes forever to boot. I inspected it for spyware, excessive startup programs, and the other usual suspects, but everything checked out.
Apple's iOS 4 enables multitasking and other new and useful features, but the iPad can't join the party until this fall. If you jailbreak your iPad, however, you can multitask today--and that's just the beginning.
This page is a collection of all the notebook reviews we've completed so far in 2015. It contains not only traditional notebooks, but also 2-in-1 hybrids that can be converted from tablet to notebook and back again.
A few things have changed since the last time we completed a feature article on what to look for when buying a laptop, but the main thing we want to highlight for this particular article is processing technology. Intel has come along and redefined th...
Our Back to Business guide features a selection of products from our sponsors and editors, and gives you some useful pointers on the gear that can help you be more productive. It includes essentials for the office, stuff for executives, mobile gear t...
If you spend any significant amount of time working at a desk, the single best way to boost your productivity is to connect a second monitor.
We've created a chart, pitting the ATIV Book 9 Plus against Acer's Aspire S7, Asus' Zenbook Infinity, Toshiba's KiraBook, Google's Chromebook Pixel and Apple's 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- South Dakota law will be a test case for a US Internet sales tax
- Quantum computers pose a huge threat to security, and the NIST wants your help
- EMC's latest VCE nodes aim to make clouds easy
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTPMO AnalystNSW