The term "disruptive," a common buzzword in tech journalism, is typically used to describe something that jars people out of existing ways of doing things, and provides them with both new ways to do the old things and new things to do. Weather-beaten...
Autodesk announced that it is bringing AutoCAD back to the Mac, and also adding AutoCAD apps for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.
If Google is planning to launch a tablet device in the near future, it should bypass its embryonic Chrome OS and instead go with Android, the company's other mobile operating system that's taking the smartphone market by storm.
The Apple iPad has been an unqualified success with consumers, but it's a harder sell in the businesse market.
"India unveils $35 computer for students," says CNN.com. "India unveils prototype for $35 touch-screen computer," reports BBC News. "India to provide $35 computing device to students," says BusinessWeek.
The government of India has unveiled a prototype of a touchscreen, tablet computer which it expects to sell for US$35 initially.
Take a trip down memory lane with Toshiba, as the company shows off 25 years worth of notebook innovation.
What better way to show off past Toshiba notebooks than a catwalk parade. We were treated to a tech fashion show of a different sort today, as models from the Sydney Fashion Festival showed off some of the most important notebooks in Toshiba's histor...
Chip manufacturer Intel is defying conventions and moving out of its established space in personal computing systems, and spreading their territory to include tablets, mobile phones, and smart TVs, among others.
The Cisco Cius business tablet, announced in late June, appears loaded with features to impress mobile workers from the corporation to the classroom.
Are you tired of looking at the same old black laptop?
Tired of the stale cookie-cutter designs that make all laptops look basically alike? You're not alone. A group of intrepid designers and engineers is doing something about the "sameness syndrome" that permeates notebook design. They're working on gro...
The netbook promises convenience and capability in a small, lightweight, and generally inexpensive package, and the concept of a smartbook goes even further: a handy-dandy combination of smartphone and notebook. Alas, most netbook offerings come burd...
PC World will soon be publishing WorldBench 6, the latest version of our PC benchmarking suite. What does that mean to you? WorldBench is the core set of applications that PC World uses to test all kinds of desktop PCs and laptop PCs. The results gen...
Get a great laptop this Christmas!There's no doubt that one of the most functional and affordable tech gifts this Christmas season is a netbook. This is a laptop category that was virtually created by ASUS and its Eee PC, and since then almost every ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCProject Coordinator | CBD | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCF5 Infrastructure AdministratorNSW
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCSr Java Developer-JSP/Servlet,Hibernate, EJB3, Spring, RESTfulNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCIT IT Project Management Support - data migration, SAP xECMNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC