Buying a Mac to learn coding and programming is hugely valuable and a great idea. But choosing a Mac for coding isn't easy. Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding? We look at the best Apple Macs you can buy for programming and learning...
Chromebooks have sold primarily to educational organizations, particularly K-12 schools, because of their low price and easy manageability.
Jon, Flo, and Gordon talk iPhone 6s vs. Galaxy S7 cameras, MacBook Pro vs. XPS 15, and if it's right to have a fully catered Burning Man without dirty hippies.
Samsung wants to cram faster and more power-efficient DDR4 DRAM in laptops and hybrids with new memory chips it introduced on Monday.
Google doubled the bounty it will pay for a successful exploit of its Chromebook laptop to US$100,000, sweetening the pot in hopes of drawing more attention from security researchers.
In a declining PC market, high-priced gaming desktops and laptops are thriving.
Users who have Dell Windows-based laptops, desktops, tablets and other devices that were bought before August should check if their systems have the self-signed eDellRoot certificate that can compromise their private communications.
Dell has toughened up the Google Chromebook for the business market.
Acer has come out with new Windows 10 laptops, and they'll arrive with low prices to compete against Google's Chromebooks.
Apple reported an unusual misstep in the April-to-June quarter, selling fewer iPhones than analysts had been expecting, but it wasn't all bad news from Cupertino.
Worldwide PC shipments in the second quarter of 2015 declined 11.8 percent compared to the same period a year ago, according to a report released by IDC on Thursday.
Lenovo's design chief has come up with a wacky idea for the ThinkPad--so wacky, it just might work.
Taiwan held its 35th annual Computex trade show this week, and the event hasn't aged well. There was little news to get excited about, the crowds were thinner, and there were no products on the show floor that generated the buzz seen in years past.
With the PC industry starting to adopt USB 3.1 technology, prices for cables that can connect to these products are also expected to rapidly fall, according to manufacturers.
With Microsoft ready to ship Windows 10 on July 29, PC makers are disclosing their plans to make the OS available to customers in new laptops and desktops or as a free OS upgrade from Windows 7 and 8.1.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
- 5 Oppo F1s review: 2016 has another King of the Best Value phones
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
- Ex-NSA contractor hoarded two decades' worth of secrets
- Cloud growth continues to be the name of the game for Microsoft
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- NSPython Developer (DevOps)NSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW