Chromebooks have sold primarily to educational organizations, particularly K-12 schools, because of their low price and easy manageability.
Jon, Flo, and Gordon talk iPhone 6s vs. Galaxy S7 cameras, MacBook Pro vs. XPS 15, and if it's right to have a fully catered Burning Man without dirty hippies.
Samsung wants to cram faster and more power-efficient DDR4 DRAM in laptops and hybrids with new memory chips it introduced on Monday.
Google doubled the bounty it will pay for a successful exploit of its Chromebook laptop to US$100,000, sweetening the pot in hopes of drawing more attention from security researchers.
In a declining PC market, high-priced gaming desktops and laptops are thriving.
Users who have Dell Windows-based laptops, desktops, tablets and other devices that were bought before August should check if their systems have the self-signed eDellRoot certificate that can compromise their private communications.
Dell has toughened up the Google Chromebook for the business market.
Acer has come out with new Windows 10 laptops, and they'll arrive with low prices to compete against Google's Chromebooks.
Apple reported an unusual misstep in the April-to-June quarter, selling fewer iPhones than analysts had been expecting, but it wasn't all bad news from Cupertino.
Worldwide PC shipments in the second quarter of 2015 declined 11.8 percent compared to the same period a year ago, according to a report released by IDC on Thursday.
Lenovo's design chief has come up with a wacky idea for the ThinkPad--so wacky, it just might work.
Taiwan held its 35th annual Computex trade show this week, and the event hasn't aged well. There was little news to get excited about, the crowds were thinner, and there were no products on the show floor that generated the buzz seen in years past.
With the PC industry starting to adopt USB 3.1 technology, prices for cables that can connect to these products are also expected to rapidly fall, according to manufacturers.
With Microsoft ready to ship Windows 10 on July 29, PC makers are disclosing their plans to make the OS available to customers in new laptops and desktops or as a free OS upgrade from Windows 7 and 8.1.
Chip maker Mediatek is preparing to enter the laptop business, with the first Chromebooks based on its processors due to appear soon.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HP-UX/Oracle RDBMS) 160720/SA/113Asia
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCInformation Management Project Manager (SAP BI)NSW
- FTSystem Integration EngineerACT