Samsung wants to cram faster and more power-efficient DDR4 DRAM in laptops and hybrids with new memory chips it introduced on Monday.
Google doubled the bounty it will pay for a successful exploit of its Chromebook laptop to US$100,000, sweetening the pot in hopes of drawing more attention from security researchers.
In a declining PC market, high-priced gaming desktops and laptops are thriving.
Users who have Dell Windows-based laptops, desktops, tablets and other devices that were bought before August should check if their systems have the self-signed eDellRoot certificate that can compromise their private communications.
Dell has toughened up the Google Chromebook for the business market.
Acer has come out with new Windows 10 laptops, and they'll arrive with low prices to compete against Google's Chromebooks.
Apple reported an unusual misstep in the April-to-June quarter, selling fewer iPhones than analysts had been expecting, but it wasn't all bad news from Cupertino.
Worldwide PC shipments in the second quarter of 2015 declined 11.8 percent compared to the same period a year ago, according to a report released by IDC on Thursday.
Lenovo's design chief has come up with a wacky idea for the ThinkPad--so wacky, it just might work.
Taiwan held its 35th annual Computex trade show this week, and the event hasn't aged well. There was little news to get excited about, the crowds were thinner, and there were no products on the show floor that generated the buzz seen in years past.
With the PC industry starting to adopt USB 3.1 technology, prices for cables that can connect to these products are also expected to rapidly fall, according to manufacturers.
With Microsoft ready to ship Windows 10 on July 29, PC makers are disclosing their plans to make the OS available to customers in new laptops and desktops or as a free OS upgrade from Windows 7 and 8.1.
Chip maker Mediatek is preparing to enter the laptop business, with the first Chromebooks based on its processors due to appear soon.
Microsoft will start shipping Windows 10 on July 29 for PCs and tablets. The upgrade includes the Cortana digital assistant, a whole host of new apps and the return of the start menu.
Nvidia is bringing its G-Sync desktop display technology to laptops, which should lead to dramatic improvements in gaming for portable PCs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Toy maker Maisto’s website pushed growing CryptXXX ransomware threat
- Here's why analytics is eating the supply chain
- Rovi to acquire TiVo for $1.1 billion
- Phishing apps posing as popular payment services infiltrate Google Play
- Sky Muster gets a user guide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia