The skies have brightened slightly since March for the beleaguered PC, with sales now likely to fall by just 6 percent this year, according to research company IDC.
Intel wants to deliver more performance to tablets while curbing power consumption, and has launched a new Core M line of processors to meet those needs.
Asus' upcoming Zenbook NX500 looks a lot like Apple's MacBook Pro, but that's no complaint. The high-end laptop is a posh device that left us impressed, especially with its 4K screen.
The Linux-based Ubuntu OS is finding its way into tablets with Dell's latest Inspiron hybrids, which can function as tablets and laptops.
A new but delayed chip from Intel that promises better performance and lower power consumption for tablets and laptops will take a small but important step forward this week with a planned demonstration at the Computex trade show.
Acer's "Build Your Own Cloud" service will start rolling out to consumers in late June with a suite of updated apps that will work on mobile devices and PCs, including devices from other companies.
Dell is making a line of PCs using plastics obtained by expanding its recycling program.
Lenovo's net profit grew 25 percent year-over-year in the first quarter as the Chinese company continued to make gains in the PC and smartphone markets.
Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 would be a good tablet to replace my laptop, but at $979 to start, it's just too expensive.
Users looking for IdeaPad laptops with 4K screens, some of the earliest laptops of their kind, are going to have to wait longer because they just shipped -- only, without 4K displays.
After three consecutive quarters of net losses, PC maker Acer has reported a profit in this year's first quarter on better control of costs.
Google is adding more features to Chromebook applications so that they can be used without accessing the Web, addressing a common complaint among users who want the laptops to function more like traditional PCs.
Dell is making updates to its Android-based, thumb-size PC called Wyse Cloud Connect -- widely known as Project Ophelia -- as the company moves to make the stick computer suitable for consumers.
Lenovo is bringing a unique design to Chromebooks with the N20p Chromebook, which has a touchscreen that can rotate roughly 300 degrees to a "stand mode."
After six months as Acer's chairman, company co-founder Stan Shih plans to step down on June 18, saying he is satisfied with the PC maker's new direction.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Order the OnePlus One from Australia
- Symantec sees rise in high-traffic DDoS attacks
- Industry can head off IoT privacy rules, former US official says
- Microsoft discloses zero-day flaw, publishes quick fix
- Yahoo squeezes out some growth
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW