As cool as some of the new devices are, we've yet to find one that offers everything we want in a tablet. Here are the essential features we'd expect to see on our dream slate.
The world of computing is at a crossroads. The primary computer for most users today is not a PC; it's a phone. While the PC sits on a desk at the office or on a coffee table at home, smartphones go everywhere with us and integrate into every part of...
When most people think of a tablet, they think of the pater familias of the current generation, the 9.6-by-7.5-by-0.5-inch Apple iPad. But today, with dimensions ranging from the height and width of a Christmas card to the height and width of a clipb...
Are physical keyboards soon going to be a thing of the past? At a splashy event here in New York City, Acer Tuesday announced its new concept for a laptop: The Acer Iconia. The name's gravitas is appropriate given that it's the first laptop to ditch ...
The Samsung Galaxy Tab is the first Android tablet that has what it takes to challenge Apple's dominant iPad.
Samsung says it has sold more than 600,000 Galaxy Tab Android tablets worldwide, according to a Korea Herald report.
Acer executives on Tuesday previewed tablet computers planned for release next year, including three Android-based devices and one that runs Windows. They also detailed plans to introduce a portable computer that has the form factor of a laptop but r...
Your old PC is ready for the recyclers and it's time to buy a new one. Or is it? These days, we're fortunate to have a plethora of computing devices that can handle everything from sending an e-mail to watching a movie or writing a thesis. A PC (or M...
Down: Actually Updating the iPad
The iPad might be the hot tech gift this holiday season, but prospective iPad buyers may want to wait for January as rumblings about a new iPad are starting to surface.
Apple will roll out a second-generation iPad next April, a year after the original's launch, a Wall Street analyst said today.
With the many choices and factors to consider, choosing a laptop of any kind can be a considerable challenge. Choosing one for use with Linux, however, brings its own special set of considerations, since it's not yet always a plug-and-play world for ...
If someone on your gift list wants a laptop, the first thing you need to do is figure out which category of laptop best suits the recipient's needs. Once you've done that, it's time to examine the specifications. You'll have to choose from among a ho...
Over at Samsung's headquarters, the senior vice president of its Mobile Communications Division has gone on record saying that businesses will soon be snapping up tablet computers. In the interview, Lee Don Joo recounted the same old industries that ...
In the next few months, Jeff Letasse, vice president of IT for Conceptus, will hand out more than 220 iPads to every salesperson in the company. He plans to wean them off of their trusty laptops and PDAs, with the hope of never having to buy another ...
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mass Effect: Andromeda hands-on preview: A new space opera built on old ideas
- 15 First Impressions of Mass Effect: Andromeda
- Police arrest man suspected of building million-router German botnet
- Amid cyberattacks, ISPs try to clean up the internet
- Android's next destination: Untethered VR headsets with Snapdragon 835
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- TPTechnical ConsultantNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)QLD
- TPMobile DeveloperWA
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTBusiness Development Executive - Queensland Public SectorQLD
- FTFull Stack Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager - ICT Services TransformationQLD
- TPInsights ManagerWA
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCFinance Analyst/ Project SpecialistVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW