Japan's NEC has developed an Android-based tablet computer and will begin shipping it in Japan this month.
Word of slowing growth from Cisco put the brakes on the tech rally in the markets, but Lenovo results and forecasts for the mobile, online and consumer electronics markets suggest that IT's recovery from the recession still has legs.
The reviews are in and the Samsung Galaxy Tab one-panel slate is a hit, mostly. Reviewers don't appear to be bothered by the Galaxy Tab's diminutive size compared to the iPad, no matter what Apple CEO Steve Jobs says. And most see the Galaxy Tab as a...
Anxious to get your thumbs on Research In Motion's (RIM) first BlackBerry tablet, the PlayBook?
Digital convergence technologies provider Samsung Electronics and unified communications (UC) provider Polycom have teamed up on delivering UC solutions for mobile platforms.
BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion (RIM) plans to undercut Apple's iPad pricing when its PlayBook tablet launches next year, according to a BusinessWeek report.
The news that laptops can negatively impact male fertility -- even when a cooling pad is used -- has been capturing headlines this week. While that is a significant potential consequence of prolonger laptop use, it is not the only adverse impact the ...
Samsung said it will likely sell one million Galaxy Tabs by the end of the year, but what do theoretical sales really mean, especially when Apple has already sold seven million iPads this year? For Samsung, one million units would mean a tidy profit ...
The MacBook Air's most slimming component isn't so unique anymore.
Polycom announced an agreement with Samsung to embed high-definition videoconferencing capability in the new Galaxy Tab.
Medtronic Inc., which makes medical devices, may be one of the earliest and biggest corporate buyers of Apple Inc.'s iPad tablet. CIO Michael Hedges has purchased 4,500 iPads for his company, which employs 40,000 people.
Ditching Adobe Flash on your Apple MacBook Air can extend your battery life by two hours, according to reports. Chris Foresman at Ars Technica discovered battery life in the new MacBook Airs is 33 per cent longer without the Flash plugin installed. A...
Some users of the new MacBook Air have been reporting frustrations on the screen, such as random flashing, the appearance of horizontal or vertical lines, and in some cases, different colors filling the screen just before the computer crashes.
Some of Apple's new 11- and 13-inch MacBook Air notebooks have been suffering from screen problems, including horizontal and vertical lines appearing across the screen, color changes, and blank and gray screen crashes. Others have reported odd kernel...
Toshiba on Thursday started shipping its Folio 100 tablet, which has a powerful dual-core processor and full high-definition graphics capabilities -- features designed to outperform Apple's iPad.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Zuckerberg: Video today, virtual reality tomorrow
- Google wants order in uncontrolled airspace so its Wing drones can fly
- The US Navy is 3D-printing custom drones on its ships
- Deep-dive review: Windows 10 - worth the wait
- Adobe's new Digital Publishing suite puts the focus on mobile content
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW