Lenovo plans on releasing a tablet PC as well as its IdeaPad U1 -- a hybrid computer that can function as both a laptop and tablet -- to the worldwide market during the first half of 2011, said the company's senior business director, Xiong Wen.
You'd think grown men would have better things to do than squabble like rabid squirrels fighting over a Brazil nut. But when it comes to the future of mobile computing, there is no such thing as fighting dirty. And more and more often, it all starts ...
Verizon Wireless is the first of four U.S. wireless carriers to announce a price and release date for Samsung's Galaxy Tab.
Apple today revamped its lightest laptop, the MacBook Air, slimming it down, ditching the hard drive for solid-state storage and introducing a smaller model that sports an 11.6-in. screen.
CHICAGO -- Sprint Nextel Tuesday unveiled dual-mode 3G/4G-embedded netbook and notebook computers, both made by Dell, at the 4G World conference here.
In the world of Apple, 2010 has been the year of mobile. The iPad has become such a household name it's amazing that it was only first announced 10 months ago. It's hard to imagine using an iOS device now without multitasking. And let's not forget ab...
Research In Motion co-CEO Jim Balsillie has accused Apple of creating a "distortion field" and spreading half-truths, but he predicted that even Apple fans will soon grow tired of its stories.
ZTE, one of China's largest network and phone suppliers, is making a bigger push in the tablet PC market by releasing five to six new devices next year.
Today is an important day for tablet fans, as Apple reports its first full quarter of iPad sales. The company is widely expected to report selling as many as 6 million iPads between July and September. Bullish sales predictions are leading many in...
It's hard to believe, but a year ago the Apple iPad was still vaporware -- a pipe dream subject of tremendous speculation and rumor. When 2010 began, there wasn't even a tablet market to speak of, but now the iPad is the dominant player in it, and co...
Rumors are flying that Apple is soon to release the new MacBook Air, a 13.3-inch laptop, in hopes that it will capitalize on iPad business sales and boost interest in a Mac laptop at Apple's "Back to the Mac" event Wednesday.
Apple on Monday reported a rise in revenue and profits for its fourth fiscal quarter of 2010 behind strong iPad and iPhone sales.
Apple's "Back to the Mac" event is set for Wednesday, but you can get a sneak peek of an alleged new Mac laptop today.
A Verizon MiFi bundled with an Apple iPad could save you big money on data plans, but if you already have an iPad or a MiFi, you're out of luck. Verizon will start selling the popular Apple iPad at its stores on October 28, and since there is no CDMA...
In the wake of the success of the Apple iPad, there seems to be a virtually endless line of competing tablets on the horizon. Most of the attention is focused on the operating system platform that drives the tablet, but the battle for the processor t...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCAgile Project ManagerQLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- FTTechnical Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)ACT
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA
- FTIteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- TPOffice 365 Technical ConsultantQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW