The bloatware battle has reached the cloud. A new PC utility announced on Tuesday collects information from other users over the Web to help make computers run faster and free up disk space.
VMware has demonstrated a new client application for its vCenter management tools that runs on the Apple iPad.
We live in an age of invention and scientific discovery. But there are things about some inventions that science simply cannot explain. Here are 10 things that I simply do not understand about consumer technology:
Microsoft does not have immediate plans to port the Windows Phone 7 mobile OS to tablets, a company official said on Monday.
In what will surely provide a boost to Google's Android platform outside the smartphone arena, computer maker Acer reportedly announced on Wednesday that all of its upcoming dual-core netbooks will run both Android and Windows 7.
Citrix has developed Project GoldenGate, a prototype e-mail application for smartphones and tablets that can secure e-mails based on location and adapt the user interface depending on the device.
Mobile operating systems will be key to changing the way enterprises work, AT&T's chief of mobility said on Wednesday.
iPads are the fastest-selling electronic devices ever, beating out stiff competition such as DVD players and iPods to move 4.5 million units every three months, according to a study by Bernstein Research.
Did Steve Jobs really invent a magical tablet? If consumer adoption of Apple's iPad tablet is any measure of magic than Jobs has reached Albus Dumbledore (of Harry Potter fame) status. According to financial analysts at Bernstein Research Apple's iPa...
Steve Ballmer is known for making big promises -- some bigger than the reality Microsoft can actually deliver. With the 2010 holiday shopping season rapidly approaching, Ballmer insists that we will see Windows tablets by Christmas. If Ballmer really...
Intel is developing a tool that will make it easier for developers to port iPhone applications to Intel-based smartphones, tablets and other devices, a company executive said Tuesday.
RIM's BlackBerry PlayBook, unveiled last week, is the latest entry in what has become a rapidly growing field of iPad competitors. But unlike most upcoming Android tablets -- the big exception being Cisco's Cius -- the PlayBook isn't meant to compet...
Lenovo could introduce a ThinkPad tablet for enterprises, depending on corporate adoption and customer demand for such a device, a company executive said on Tuesday.
LG is once again shifting its tablet strategy -- announcing that it is pulling the plug on its Android 2.2 tablet plans to hold out for Android 3.0. Unlike current releases of the Android OS, the upcoming Android 3.0 is designed with tablets in mind....
LG on Monday said that it won't release a Google Android tablet this year, but instead it would wait for a future iteration of the OS, according to a Reuters report. Earlier this year LG announced plans to join the tablet bandwagon, and abandoned a t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This startup uses machine learning to turn your old enterprise apps into mobile ones
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Google Slides makes it easier to talk back to presenters
- Google turns on HTTPS for all blogspot blogs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW