Dell is packing new technologies like Intel's Core M chip in its Latitude 13 7000 tablet/laptop hybrid, which the company believes is a better laptop replacement than other products like Microsoft's Surface Pro 3.
Lenovo is slimming down its new ThinkPad Helix 2 tablet/laptop and extending the battery life of this hybrid device, which is one of the first detachable tablets with Intel's new Core M processor.
While SAP has made a big push into mobile software and device management with the acquisition of Sybase and a series of apps, it hasn't made overt moves into the devices market. But this could change down the road, judging from a recently published p...
The PC market is still a bleak place to be, but not as bleak as expected, according to new figures released by analyst company, IDC.
Microsoft is helping hardware makers build low-priced Windows PCs to combat Chromebooks and the early results of that effort are hitting the market.
Intel is taking more steps to provide what it calls "wire-free" computing by 2016, a plan the company first talked about publicly in June at the Computex trade show.
Taiwanese PC maker Acer is bringing Google's Chrome operating system to desktops with a new unit that will arrive in the U.S. next month.
Acer is cranking up graphics in its latest Chromebook 13, a 13.3-inch laptop that has an processor capable of rendering 4K video.
Hewlett-Packard's SlateBook 14 laptop with the Android OS has started shipping on schedule, but it's priced at US$429, which is $30 more than the company had said it would cost.
Apple has refreshed the MacBook Pro line with minor upgrades of the processor, a small price cut to the aged non-Retina model, and additional RAM for the least-expensive Retina configurations.
Apple reported its quarterly numbers on Tuesday, a mixed bag that saw profits rise up but sales fall short of the mark. Here are five takeaways from the earnings call that followed.
Apple has racked up another hugely profitable quarter on sales of iPhones and Macintosh computers, though its revenue growth was slower than expected.
Lenovo has stopped selling Windows tablets with screen sizes under 10 inches in the U.S. due to lack of interest.
Vizio's two-year run in the PC market has hit a wall, and its existing laptops, desktops and tablets are quickly disappearing as the company re-evaluates its product mix.
Dell's only Chromebook is at least temporarily unavailable for online purchase through the company's website, only seven months after the model started shipping.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC