Reader Bballgurl84life's laptop battery isn't charging.
It's been almost a year since I served up some nice, hot laptop tips--and that's inexcusable. I'll make it up to you this week with some useful advice on adding memory to a laptop, turning an old laptop hard disc into an external drive, and using you...
You're more likely to damage a laptop than a desktop PC (no one has ever driven off, forgetting the desktop on top of their car), and once damaged, laptops are harder and more expensive to repair.
So my dad was griping that his Acer Aspire 9300 laptop takes forever to boot. I inspected it for spyware, excessive startup programs, and the other usual suspects, but everything checked out.
Apple's iOS 4 enables multitasking and other new and useful features, but the iPad can't join the party until this fall. If you jailbreak your iPad, however, you can multitask today--and that's just the beginning.
They're collecting dust in storage rooms and taking up extra space in your garage or office. They can't handle today's applications, peripherals or operating systems. Yes, older computers are a nuisance, like the brother-in-law who sleeps on your sof...
Like chocolate and episodes of Mad Men, there's no such thing as too much battery life.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Rolling blog: Industry reacts to Budget 2016
- Microsoft's Solair acquisition could expand its IoT services
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
- Report: HTC to finally launch Android Wear smartwatch in June
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW