Scientists at the Large Hadron Collider succeeded today in smashing two particle beams into each other at an energy level three and a half times greater than ever achieved before.
The world's largest atom smasher has broken yet another record.
After billions of dollars were spent to build, start, shut down and then fix and re-start the Large Hadron Collider, the system has finally produced enough data for some long-awaited scientific analysis.
CERN, the European particle physics organization that runs the Large Hadron Collider, is embracing server virtualization and cloud computing technology to improve CPU utilization and the delivery of computing resources to scientists around the world.
After a year of technical problems, bad publicity and staggered momentum, the Large Hadron Collider has returned to work with a vengeance.
A plan to add more safety features to the Large Hadron Collider will have the world's largest particle collider offline until next fall -- months later than the previously planned springtime relaunch.
Fixing problems at the world's largest particle collider won't come cheap.
Just days after a faulty transformer was repaired, an apparent melted electrical connection between two magnets has brought the Large Hadron Collider down for two months.
An MIT physics professor said it was completely normal that one of the hundreds of transformers failed a day after the Large Hadron Collider's first test last week.
South West Sydney is choking on a thick radiation cloud after the Lucas Heights reactor exploded, according to spammers.
The successful test run of a massive particle collider brought scientists a step closer to finding answers to a question that has haunted people for centuries: How was the universe created?
Hackers have broken into the network of the Swiss particle-physics laboratory operating the Large Hadron Collider experiment that has just begun smashing atoms in the hope of finding the theorized Higgs particle, an elementary particle of mass.
Scientists completed the first tests of the Large Hadron Collider on Wednesday morning, far more quickly than they had expected.
An MIT physics professor and Nobel laureate has received death threats because of his involvement with the Large Hadron Collider, which performed the world's biggest physics experiment Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
- For cordless VR and more, WiGig may be worth the wait
- Physical RAM attack can root Android and possibly other devices
- Chinese firm recalls camera products linked to massive DDOS attack
- Not robocop, but robojudge? AI learns to rule in human rights cases
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP ERP ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW