Salesforce.com's annual Dreamforce conference will kick off next week in San Francisco, and with a reported 120,000 people registered to attend in person and virtually, it will be the cloud software vendor's biggest shindig yet.
larry ellison in pictures
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison has a lot more on his mind these days than running the giant hardware and software company -- a fact made evident by his recent last-minute decision not to deliver a highly anticipated speech at Oracle's most important user conference. Here's a look at the many, mostly pleasant distractions in the billionaire's life.
Larry Ellison may no longer be CEO of Oracle, but he's not going anywhere anytime soon. Indeed, as executive chairman and CTO, Ellison is now in a position to focus solely on creating new products and services that will cement his legacy as he enters...
Oracle chairman, Larry Ellison, has delivered another dose of hype for the vendor's Cloud platform, but many customers may need more convincing before they make the leap.
Though Oracle co-CEO Mark Hurd's title may have changed recently, his job running the company's sales and support operations really hasn't. But he does have a whole lot more to sell and support these days, and it's all in the cloud.
It's just days until the start of Oracle's OpenWorld conference, an already massive affair that will be even bigger this year given the company's recent acquisitions and forays into new product areas.
Most people start thinking about retirement when they turn 70, if they haven't already called it a career. Not Oracle CEO Larry Ellison, who has just passed that milestone.
Oracle is gearing up to report its second-quarter earnings Wednesday and given the restrained expectations CFO Sandra Katz earlier set for key areas such as software revenue, Oracle's results are sure to come under even more scrutiny than the tech be...
With 2013 coming to an end, we took our annual look back at quotes from news stories over the last 12 months. Here are a handful that stuck with us through the year:
Salesforce.com's second-quarter earnings conference call featured the usual dose of chest-thumping by CEO Marc Benioff as the company posted US$957 million in revenue and raised its full fiscal year forecast to at least $4 billion.
As 2013 begins, the SaaS (software as a service) market is set to heat up even more, as well as potentially undergo a number of key shifts. Here's a look at a series of key SaaS vendors and trends to watch as the year unfolds.
Some of the most memorable IT-related quotes were uttered in courtrooms this year, which involved a steady stream of legal challenges about intellectual property. In no particular order, these are some of the comments that stuck with us as 2012 winds...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject AnalystNSW
- TPFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- TPLevel 2-3 Helpdesk OfficerQLD
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- FTTelecommunications Provisioning LeadQLD
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieQLD
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsWA
- FTLevel 2 Software & Hardware Support position.VIC
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD