A U.S. federal court has affirmed contempt charges against Lavabit, rejecting an attempt by company attorneys to argue new issues on appeal.
A new webmail service called Lavaboom promises to provide easy-to-use email encryption without ever learning its users' private encryption keys or message contents.
While privacy advocates may see Lavabit as bravely defending U.S. privacy rights in the online world, federal judges hearing its appeal of contempt-of-court charges seem to regard the now defunct encrypted email service as just being tardy in complyi...
Lavabit, the private email service that shut down last year after a court order called for its private SSL (secure socket layer) keys, will make its case Tuesday before a U.S. federal appeals court.
Even after obtaining the encryption keys from secure email provider Lavabit through a court, the government was prevented by the court order and various laws from accessing other Lavabit users' accounts, the U.S. Department of Justice said Tuesday in...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Indian privacy case against WhatsApp gains momentum
- Intel thinks IoT will have a firm place in the stores of the future
- China tightens control over app stores
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- TPInternal Controls Specialist - BAQLD
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- TPService Deliver ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Java Developer x2ACT
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- CCTechnology Support Specialist - Multiple RolesSA
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCService Desk SMENSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- FTChief Information Security OfficerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTDeveloper - Java, Mule ESBNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW