Motorola's mobile phone subsidiary has filed a lawsuit against Microsoft alleging the world's largest software maker has infringed 16 of its patents in PC, mobile and server software, as well as Xbox products.
Oracle has filed a lawsuit against Google, charging that its Android phone software infringes Oracle patents and copyrights related to Java, Oracle said on Thursday.
Viacom's $1 billion copyright infringement lawsuit against Google's video-sharing site YouTube has been dismissed by the court, ending for now an acrimonious legal battle between the companies that has been going on for more than three years.
The Congressional International Anti-Piracy Caucus, a group of U.S. lawmakers concerned with copyright infringement, has listed The Pirate Bay and five other Web sites as "notorious" file-sharing sites.
The U.S. International Trade Commission will investigate complaints by Apple that Eastman Kodak violated its patents related to digital imaging devices and software, the latest dispute in a long-standing patent skirmish between the two companies.
HTC said it filed a complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission charging Apple with infringing on five patents.
Nokia vs. Apple is not your garden variety patent infringement lawsuit.
Google is suing a blues music label to seek a declaration that it has not facilitated the illegal distribution of copyrighted songs by providing links in search results.
The rancorous lawsuit between SAP and Waste Management has been settled, with the software vendor making an undisclosed, one-time cash payment to the trash hauler, according to court documents and a regulatory filing.
Google's years-long attempt to create an online library and store with millions of books will face yet another legal hurdle with the filing of a class-action copyright infringement lawsuit by the American Society of Media Photographers.
On Tuesday, a jury in Utah sided with Novell in its long-running legal dispute with SCO.
Apple filed a patent infringement lawsuit Tuesday against HTC, claiming that the Taiwanese company is infringing 20 Apple patents.
Juniper Networks has reportedly agreed to pay $US169 million to settle a 4-year-old lawsuit over backdating stock options, a practice that entrapped and embarrassed many high-tech firms over the past decade.
A federal judge last week dismissed a three-year-old lawsuit that accused Microsoft of duping customers when it fed them company anti-piracy software as a critical security update, court documents show.
A class action complaint against Nokia alleges the company committed securities fraud when describing its operations in 2008.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW