Chip giant Intel has announced it will reduce its global workforce by “up to” 12,000 staff – or an approximately 11 percent of all workers at the company. Clearly it’s not all plain sailing for Intel as the business plans to realign its focus away fr...
Lenovo is laying off 3200 employees and trimming down its smartphone portfolio in response to a slowdown in its PC and handset sales.
Yahoo is closing its only remaining office in China and laying off between 200 and 300 employees there, news reports said on Wednesday.
Citrix Systems announced better than expected financial results for the last quarter but also a restructuring plan that will see 900 jobs being cut.
Storage giant, EMC, will soon start handing out pink slips as part of a new restructuring effort prompted by a weakened financial outlook.
Sony is planning to lay off another 1,000 people from its mobile division as it attempts to bring the unit back to profitability, according to Japan's Nikkei business daily.
Microsoft has handed out pink slips in a third round of job cuts that "almost" concludes its plan to eliminate 18,000 positions.
AMD's new chief is making her mark quickly: By the end of 2014, the chipmaker will cut worldwide headcount by about 7 percent in a restructuring plan it hopes will put it on the path to improved profits.
Rovio Entertainment, the Finnish company behind mobile game hit Angry Birds, will lay off up to 130 people in its home country.
As had been rumoured earlier this week, Microsoft lopped off a second set of jobs Thursday, cutting 2,100 positions, as part of a restructuring plan announced two months ago to eliminate 18,000 positions, or about 14 percent of the company's workforc...
Microsoft's massive staff reduction, which shocked many when it was announced in July, is back in the spotlight with a pair of reports that the ax will come down on another group of employees Thursday.
Cisco Systems will cut as many as 6000 jobs over the next 12 months, saying it needs to shift resources to growing businesses such as cloud, software and security.
Microsoft's 14 percent staff reduction, the largest in its history and focused heavily on employees acquired from Nokia's devices and services business, has some observers thinking Satya Nadella got a bad case of Lumia-induced indigestion.
Microsoft reportedly will announce the biggest round of layoffs in its history on Thursday as massive changes wrought by new CEO Satya Nadella start to take hold at the struggling IT giant.
SAP is trimming an unspecified number of workers as part of an effort to restructure its overall skill set.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- This autonomous boat is trying to cross an ocean using only solar power
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCQA OfficerACT
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT