Intel is cutting 1,500 jobs in Costa Rica as it takes steps to cut 5 percent of its workforce by the end of the fiscal year.
Juniper Networks will lay off about 6 per cent of its workforce and back out of application delivery controllers as part of a restructuring intended to cut costs and focus the company on markets where it can grow fast.
A newly released, independent audit of Oregon's disastrous Obamacare website implementation takes both state officials and site contractor Oracle to task, saying each side contributed to problems that have generated a political firestorm in recent mo...
Intel expects that its workforce will decline by 5 per cent as it heads into a year in which revenue is likely to be flat.
Dell has declined to confirm a report of employee layoffs, but said it could make decisions related to the workforce if necessary in order to maintain company stability.
Yahoo has decided to shut down its office in Cairo, Egypt by the end of this year as the company tries to revitalize its business.
Communications chip maker Broadcom is cutting approximately 1,150 jobs, nearly one-tenth of its workforce, as part of a global restructuring.
BlackBerry confirmed on Friday its US$965 million net operating loss in the second quarter, following low interest in the Z10 smartphone.
BlackBerry lost close to $1 billion in the July to September quarter as users abandoned its once-dominant platform.
In another sign of trouble at HTC, the Taiwan-based smartphone maker started downsizing its US operations on Friday, cutting an undisclosed number of staff.
Dell will invest in additional acquisitions and remain committed to its struggling PC business once a $US24.9 billion deal to go private is complete, according to company officials.
Blackberry is laying off 250 employees, or around 2 percent of its workforce, at its new product testing facility, the company said on Friday.
Social gaming publisher Zynga announced Monday that it will lay off 18% of its total workforce -- more than 500 employees -- in an effort to reduce staff costs and focus on the mobile sector.
Chip maker, ST-Ericsson, will be wound down as parents STMicroelectronics and Ericsson have decided to take over some parts of the company, including LTE modems and application processors, and close or sell the rest.
Motorola Mobility is cutting 1200 staff, in addition to a reduction of 4,000 staff it announced in August, to focus on high-end devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Here's why analytics is eating the supply chain
- Rovi to acquire TiVo for $1.1 billion
- Phishing apps posing as popular payment services infiltrate Google Play
- Sky Muster gets a user guide
- Supreme Court approves rule change that expands FBI computer search powers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC