Display technology manufacturer AOC has released what it believes is the world's thinnest LCD monitor, named 'Razor'.
Samsung has demonstrated a world first at a display conference in the US - a computer monitor that's powered solely via USB.
BenQ has introduced what it claims are the slimmest LCD monitors in the world. The new super-slim LED-backlit monitors--marketed as part of the V Series--measure a mere 15mm (0.59in) thick, and will come in 22- and 24-inch variations.
Dell on Tuesday announced it would ship its first handheld device, called Streak, in June, but it is also looking to develop devices with larger screen sizes as it tries to establish a foothold in the competitive mobile market.
If your existing display just isn't cutting it any more, then it might be time to step up to Ostendo's 43-inch curved monitor. This long-awaited display is now available to buy for just under US$6,500.
Taiwan's biggest LCD monitor maker on Saturday agreed to buy the island's second largest LCD screen maker in a bid to compete with South Korea's market leading giants.
The healthy demand for entry-level LCDs has hugely contributed to the steady growth of the monitor market in the region, according to the IDC Asia/Pacific Quarterly PC Monitor Tracker report.
BenQ today launched the world's first 21.5in LED monitor, one of 49 new products from the company that will hit the market in Australia before the end of 2009
Monitor manufacturer Mimo has announced a new addition to their recently revealed dual hinge monitor range.
Taiwan's Consumer Protection Commission has ordered Dell to make good on sales from an online pricing error and deliver 19-inch LCD monitors to local consumers for NT$500 (US$15.26).
AU Optronics, the world's third largest make of LCD screens, is planning two new investments this year, one in solar panels and another in an LCD module venture in China.
NEC Display Solutions has released the MultiSync LCD2490WUXi, a 24-inch widescreen monitor that upgrades the LCD2490WUXi.
BenQ today announced the launch of its 22 inch LCD monitor TV, SE2231, coupled with an introductory offer of a free DTH connection, installation and six months subscription with every purchase.
The Department of Environmental Protection is tightening the requirements for computer monitors to qualify for an Energy Star label, noting the increasing use of energy efficient LED technology and methods that focus light on the person in front of a...
A South Korean executive with LG Display has agreed to plead guilty and serve a year in prison for participating in a global conspiracy to fix the prices of TFT-LCD (thin-film transistor liquid crystal display) panels, the U.S. Department of Justice ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPXamarin DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- RFQ, Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW