A reader Maina wants to know how to connect a second (and possibly even third) monitor to his PC. He wants one for documents, another for his Web browser or music software, and so on.
Once you've seen some amazing pictures of seemingly transparent LCD screens, you may want to create your own optical illusion. After researching the topic, I wanted to give it a try, too. So I'm going to show you the simplest way I've found to create...
Reader Mike ordered a new Dell system that came with a 21.5-inch LCD monitor. Although the monitor includes VGA, DVI, and HDMI inputs, it included only a VGA cable--even though the setup instructions recommend a DVI or HDMI connection! Mike wants to ...
Here's how to identify every important cable for use with computer monitors.
LCD monitors contain millions of pixels, each one composed of three subpixels: red, blue, and green. When all three are on, a pixel looks white. Other combinations create other colors. A pixel can become stuck showing one hue. But you can fix this.
Monitor space is a terrible thing to waste. Yet most of us sacrifice valuable screen estate to omnipresent toolbars, which appear in our Web browsers, our word processors, and other apps.
Monitors, including desktop and laptop LCDs, consume a considerable amount of power. Yet most of us leave ours on and running all day (if not all night).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- South Dakota law will be a test case for a US Internet sales tax
- Quantum computers pose a huge threat to security, and the NIST wants your help
- EMC's latest VCE nodes aim to make clouds easy
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTBA/Technical Project Manager/Product ManagerQLD
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC