Law enforcement agencies should be allowed to hack into computers to identify cybercriminals and collect evidence, representatives from Europol and the Dutch National Police argued in front of a room full of security professionals at the RSA Europe s...
Hosting provider LeaseWeb became the latest high-profile company to have its domain name taken over by attackers, highlighting that DNS (Domain Name System) hijacking is a significant threat, even to technically adept businesses.
LeaseWeb, one of Europe's biggest hosting providers, has wiped 630 servers that contained Megaupload data and countered claims from the company that the file-sharing site wasn't warned.
Dutch police took unprecedented action in taking down a botnet on Monday: They uploaded their own program to infected computers around the world, a move that likely violated computer crime laws.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The legal mumbo jumbo on popular mobile apps can take over 24 hours to read
- Need more analytics speed? Cray wants to light a fire under your big data
- Tips and apps to improve your sales
- Why technology is so scary for three-quarters of Aussie businesses
- Synology DS216+ Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- CCChange LeadACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCProject/ Change ManagerQLD
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCSenior IT Tester / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC