Samsung has announced the pricing for its 2011 Australian line-up of plasma, LCD and LED televisions. Most of these TVs will be released in April and May, although some models are already available.
The cost of 3D television technology is increasing even before 3D TVs hit our shores, with reports that the glasses needed to take advantage of the new technology could cost $150 a pair.
Samsung plans to release its 3D-compatible LED televisions in Australia, with models expected to be released in mid-April.
LG has upped the ante for the high-end LED television market, releasing a 55in LED backlit television. The LG LH95 boasts a contrast ratio of 5,000,000:1, which is far greater than models from competing brands.
LG has announced the retail release of its SL90 and SL80 series LCD televisions, with a 'borderless' design that employs a single sheet of glass over the whole panel front. The 47in and 42in SL90 LCD televisions use LED backlighting and according to ...
Sharp has launched locally the first LED-backlit LCD television with an integrated Blu-ray disc player, the 40in AQUOS LC-40LB700X. This television has a six star energy rating, 100Hz motion control and multimedia connectivity.
Sharp Australia has released its first LED-backlit LCD television: the LC-40LE700EX. The TV boasts a 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio and low power consumption.
At LG's fifth annual summer line show in New York City, the company introduced two new HDTV lines, the SL80 and SL90. Both caught my attention for their attention to design.
LED-backlit HDTVs once were an expensive rarity, but that's changing. Sharp Electronics' new line of Aquos HDTVs offer the premium of LED backlighting. The advantage of LED backlighting: It can boost black levels and minimize power consumption, even ...
At a press event in Sydney today, Australian company Kogan revealed plans to release 19in and 22in LED TVs within the next two months.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia